260z on ebay

Wyn

Club Member
Does look good :cool:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DATSUN-260Z-ORANGE_W0QQitemZ4572524406QQcategoryZ2192QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

8c_1_b.JPG

no' plate could be worth a few bob aswell :D
overbored 500 gamma engine in an RGV frame, cha ching ;)

Geoff Gale did some work on this car (mainly engine bay stuff) but if you want extra info apart from what the owner says he may be able to help

looks like a good one, I might have a look at it as it's only down the road..

More Z's More Z's..........

i should imagine it would struggle in the BHP department with the old fuel pump on it.

Well......................I'm a newbie and I just bought it!
Been looking for ages and although a blind purschase means I can repent at length, I got a good feeling about this one!
I'll report back after I've picked it up next week.....The excitement is killing me. Let's hope the car doesn't....
Oh, and I'm a paid up member of this here club now n'all-who's my best bet for insurance? Have applied to the ones recommended on the links here....any thoughts?
Tell me about the fuel pump as well......

You've been tango'd

Triple webers and delorto's prefer a constant stable flow of about 3-4 psi with a volume to match.

The stock mechanical unit tends to pulse and is unlikely to supply enough fuel to feed those hungry triplets :devil:.

Buy your self a Facet pump of sufficient rating, blanking plate and a pressure regulator, and throw the crappy mechanical pump away and dont let it darken an engine bay ever again:mad:. Blank off cavity otherwise you will find that your oil will be all around your engine bay rather than in your engine. Mount new pump near moustache bar and Bobs your mothers brother.

While your at it, if its not been done already, stick on a 280ZX electronic distributor and 12 volt coil, loads better than that old points and ballast resistor malarky.

Look real nice car though, like the colour.

Post some pictures up when you get it

Jakone,

You'll probably realise that I was the person bidding with you!

I think you have got yourself a good buy. I already have a 240 that I have spent a lot of time on, so in the back of my mind I didn't really want to replace my car, but would have done at the price I bid.

I hope it has gone to a good home!

Picked it up now.....

Well, went and got it today! Drives well, drinks the fuel though, but I knew that. (could've picked a slightly better day for it!)

SO, bits it needs-wing mirrors (hairy as hell on the motorway without them..) and near side door window rubber bit, the bottom one with the chrome strip on the outside.. any help/suggestions on these would be greatly appreciated :D. Obviously want them as soon as n'all..

Skidell-The fuel pump thing...I know about as much about spanners as my grandmother, and she's dead :( but I can tell what you mean though, it's not great idling..where can I get this done that's not 500 miles away? I'm in west London...Oh and if anyone wants to help me out with this......you can have some free recording studio time, as that's what I do! Seems like a swap-engine sorted for a lovely vocal workout:D

Will stick up some pics later on..thanking you all for your help!

Cheers Rob, will do that....I think £4650 was a bit of a bargain all round...nice guy as well..
Just a quick one-how is the battery supposed to be mounted? There's only one piece of metal on mine and it keeps falling off-not good!

i think you will find you should have a clamp that goes all the way round the top of the battery, this then bolts to the firewall with a 10mm bolt and then has a rod that is adjustable with a 10mm nut on the opposite side if that makes sence.

go look at some engine pics in the gallery and you will see it!!! paul

If you checked the for sale listings Sean you will see I posted a few weeks ago that I had seen the owner Les and he said he would reduce the price to £4000, which I duly posted, so the new owner paid more than ness for it. It also needs a heater valve as far as I can recall. Adrian

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well eh? Good job I'm a multi multi billionare then.....more fool me for not looking earlier...does need a heater thing, but it's quite warm enough right now thanks!
Thinking of having it re-sprayed in gold leaf anyway....;)

Adrian,

I don't think I'd have posted that :) but does show that it pays to be a member even before one buys a car !

jakone - welcome to the club and I meant no bad inference against Auto Active :) !

Back