240z wiper blade replacement...

Graham Palmer

Club Member
Spotted these wiper refill blades in Halfords...they appear to fit just fine...just in case anyone is looking or a quick (and cheap !) refresh.

there is a 'pair' in the box...not sure why it says 'single' ...

1688886569570.png

I can confirm after 500 miles this weekend in a very WET Wales...wiper blades work perfectly....now if anyone can tell me how to get the intermittent wiper action to work correctly....please do.....wiper appears to stop/start in random positions on the screen. Normal on/fast wipe works just fine....cheers

#EVOtriangle

1689181439588.png

I can confirm after 500 miles this weekend in a very WET Wales...wiper blades work perfectly....now if anyone can tell me how to get the intermittent wiper action to work correctly....please do.....wiper appears to stop/start in random positions on the screen. Normal on/fast wipe works just fine....cheers

#EVOtriangle

View attachment 58878
Pretty sure some cars weren't fitted with intermittent. Think I read @Rob Gaskin mentioning it on the forums

For reference tried to buy the Halford R01s but you can buy the R05s and easily cut to size. I tried new (driver side) vs old today with Rainx on the screen - if you zoom on you can see quite a difference in rain clearance from the Halfords wipers

Attachments

• IMG_5337.jpeg
    IMG_5337.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 33
For reference tried to buy the Halford R01s but you can buy the R05s and easily cut to size. I tried new (driver side) vs old today with Rainx on the screen - if you zoom on you can see quite a difference in rain clearance from the Halfords wipers
I love an experiment. I was looking at getting an adapter for the Bosch aero twin? Something that goes from bayonet to the hook type.

I found the R01 set at Halfords yesterday and fitted them last night (with a bit of head-scratching first!) Looks good.....but am I brave enough to go out in the rain???

I've bought a set of R01 as well. Not fitted yet - how many parts are there in a box? I opened mine and there's like 4x lengths? I didn't have time to look into it any deeper than that.

I also bought 2x 18inch replacement blades that Halfords use for Bosch's twin aero set? The guy in Halfords had tonnes of adaptors and gave me what he thought would work.

And down the rabbit hole I go...

I've bought a set of R01 as well. Not fitted yet - how many parts are there in a box? I opened mine and there's like 4x lengths? I didn't have time to look into it any deeper than that.

I also bought 2x 18inch replacement blades that Halfords use for Bosch's twin aero set? The guy in Halfords had tonnes of adaptors and gave me what he thought would work.

And down the rabbit hole I go...

There are four bits - two with the blade fitted are the ones I used - the other two appear to be adaptors for wider mounts.

Yes future car meets will now be all about how nice our wipers wipe and we will only go to them if it’s raining so we can show them off - who wants to see a hood paint job anymore 😉

Haha, I will say the blades worked well - I put rainx on as well. We had a spell of rain Sunday when I left Bristol to go to Simply Japanese.

No luck so far with the adaptor for the wiper arms as yet - we've got arms called bayonet single pin? Can be mixed up with regular bayonet that are longer and have a bend to accommodate a clip of sorts.

Back