240z lhd

SacCyclone

Club Member
Geez, is that the best they can do when it comes to importing California cars? Too much money for that I am sure.

johnymd

Club Member
I can never understand importing **** cars. Tatty cars Yes, but ones that need this much work will end up costing you more than a straight car would in the end.

Buy the best shell you can. It wont be cheap but will save you money.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I can never understand importing **** cars. Tatty cars Yes, but ones that need this much work will end up costing you more than a straight car would in the end.

Buy the best shell you can. It wont be cheap but will save you money.

Shipping costs the same whether it's a sh*tter or concours so yes, buy the best possible !

These are cheap container fillers - one here too :

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/953784427.htm?ca=12_s

yellowz

Club Member
I can't believe whoever took the photos for the Leboncoin advert climbed on the front to do it!

richiep

Club Member
California Connection have been importing really rough cars like that, on and off, for years. And when they were priced at 2-2.5k it was probably more attractive (I know pmac has had cars from Miranda at CC in the past - I think the rally car build started off like that). But nearly 5k? Not so much....

johnymd

Club Member
I'm not saying that the car is overpriced, just that I think it's the wrong car to buy. I would prefer to spend more on a car that is already straight. By the time you've bought a car and paid to get it over here, I cant see you wanting to sell it for anything less than this.

richiep

Club Member
I'm not saying that the car is overpriced, just that I think it's the wrong car to buy. I would prefer to spend more on a car that is already straight. By the time you've bought a car and paid to get it over here, I cant see you wanting to sell it for anything less than this.

I would say it is overpriced though. If compared to a couple of the cars that Will Galliers was selling at that kind of price point late last year; they were tatty but way straighter overall. I think Galliers gets away with competitive pricing though because he ships in multiple vehicles at a time and aims for quick turnovers. He tends to apply a greater degree of quality control on what he imports too; I get the impression that the CC cars are all ex-junkyard fodder.

SacCyclone

Club Member
Even in California, I have to look at several Zeds before I pull the trigger on one due to the rust. But they are out there and especially in central California away from the ocean and the sierra's. The last Cali car I posted here is a great example of what I am talking about, dam dry car and it runs with nice bumpers. I wonder what CC cars would list it for. I know, their cars have landed and mine still needs to be exported. But it can be done at a good price for a good car. That's all I'm saying.

uk66fastback

Club Member
I had a look at a Mustang fastback over a decade ago that was imported by CC - overpriced but straight and relatively rust-free ...

When I say overpriced, I mean about double what it should have been back then ...