240Z Insurance Values

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I'm 'thinking' that insurance valuations will have risen but the sales figures may not due to the financial climate?

Last edited by a moderator:

uk66fastback

Club Member
Are there many RHD 240s under £30k? Not (m)any that I’ve seen … all depends on the level of restoration etc. I would say insure it for more than you would sell it for. Someone on here has theirs insured for £60k. Obviously it’s impossible to compare the two cars.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Are there many RHD 240s under £30k? Not (m)any that I’ve seen … all depends on the level of restoration etc. I would say insure it for more than you would sell it for. Someone on here has theirs insured for £60k. Obviously it’s impossible to compare the two cars.
I'm just thinking that not many cars are selling atm. And yes the insurance valuation should be higher than the sale figure because there are so few cars to replace it with 'like for like'.

Farmer42

Club Member
I'm just thinking that not many cars are selling atm. And yes the insurance valuation should be higher than the sale figure because there are so few cars to replace it with 'like for like'.

What you want to insure it for is immaterial in many cases cos most insurance companies will want an agreed valuation from either their own assessors or from the Club. That is what they will base any payout on.