240z door rubber seal alternatives

Kieronpollock

Club Member
Hi all, some advice please.

Have fitted new Precision seals to my doors (don't have original seals to compare to) and the doors now need to be slammed shut from the outside (so won't pull closed easily from the inside) and don't sit flush. My body shop guy has compared all the relevant door and related measurements to other cars and apart from a bit of tweaking on the driver's door all is good from that aspect.

He has said that new rubbers are larger and have less give than originals and when we do remove the rubbers from part of the frame the doors close fine, but clearly that's not a long-term solution.

Can anyone suggest a narrower/thinner/more flexible door rubber to use, I remember seeing some posts from quite a few years ago suggesting a Nissan Juke or similar set of rubbers.

Any suggestions gratefully received as don't want to waste another wad of money on poor rubbers

I got my door seals from Woolies trim. Still needed a little bit of fettling but the doors close. You will need to cut to size.

The alternative is to 'shave' a little rubber of the A-pillar part of the seal between the hinges as it is usually that part that stops the door shutting properly rather than the rest of the seal. As long as you don't take too much off, it will still seal and not allow water in.

Thanks guys for your responses. East Trim out of stock so I'll have a think about trimming the current seals, its the rear lower part of the door that's causing the issue so I may think about just putting in narrower trim in that area

I use Kia sorento seal but i think a lot of other kia seals fit.
This is the good option to try. It's been mentioned on this forum before and discussed on US forums like classiczcars and hybridz. Although the one that is commonly talked about is the front door seal from a Mk1 Kia Sportage (up to 2004 I think). They are perfect in terms of design and softer than the Precision Z ones. They even have a moulded top corner as per the Z ones, and just need to be trimmed in length to suit the Z door aperture. They can be grabbed relatively cheap from breakers.

Back