240Z documentation

Kenneth Bon

Well-Known Forum User
Hi

For my national MOT approval, I need some info about a 1973 240Z that I currently do not have, as no papers came with the car.

I need something confirming the hp (151 I guess), the officiel weight and the km/l (mileage per liter fuel). I assume these are in the original manual og tech sheet, so if any of you has this information scanned, I would be happy to receive it at numzie@gmail.com :)

Kenneth, I think Sean means he will only help if you say 'please'.
I'm sure I have some press material from the time that will contain that sort of info. would that be good enough, or do you need something more official?
This is from UK Autocar in Sept. 1972 I think:
IMG_1782.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah okay. I don't know how I became that bad in understanding and interpretating English in written form. I must have been out the game for too long.

I actually thought my "please" was implicit in the phrase: "I would be happy to", but thay may only be the Danish way to communicate.

I am sorry about that.

Reg. the documents I think the more the better, please :) The MOT inspection guy would have to fill out the official weight, the bhp (which I can see is 150, I thought it was 151 :)) and the fuel economy. If they don't do that, I would have to wait longer (than the 4-14 weeks...) for the national tax department to calculate how much I have to pay in registration fee.

It is such a mess to import a car to Denmark, sorry.

All those things you need are in the photo -
weight is 20.4 cwt ("hundred weight") == 1036 KG
mpg is 24 typical

Back