240Z Air Con

malcolmpaul

Well-Known Forum User
There is an aftermarket air conditioning kit on eBay for the 240Z. Has anyone had any experience of these?

had no experience of these for a 240z but have fitted one to a vw golf, i suspect the kit on e-bay will run totally separate from your heating system in the Z, looks the plastic box has a fan and evaporator inside so probably have to put it in the passenger footwell ,couple of pipes through the bulkhead, bolt the pump on the engine, fit the condensor in front of your rad, then some wiring and loose about 10 bhp

had no experience of these for a 240z but have fitted one to a vw golf, i suspect the kit on e-bay will run totally separate from your heating system in the Z, looks the plastic box has a fan and evaporator inside so probably have to put it in the passenger footwell ,couple of pipes through the bulkhead, bolt the pump on the engine, fit the condensor in front of your rad, then some wiring and loose about 10 bhp
sounds just like the ones i chucked in the bin when removed from the LHD datsuns i have had.the bracket that bolts to engine was quite heavey aswell !!!

the only reason i chucked them in the bin is because i was not bothered about having aircon on my car

Back