240Z 260Z Price Guide

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Hello

I would like your views on Z prices please .

To me the prices seem all over the place at the moment to me.

As far as I am concerned a 260Z is just as good as a 240Z.

But a 240Z always commands a higher price :confused:.

How would you say the prices differ on the following.

LHD 240Z/260Z vs

RHD 240Z/260Z vs

cars converted over to RHD with original id vs

cars converted over to RHD without original id vs

finally the Samuri.

Only added the Sam because I had a very very interesting conversation concerning this subject this evening .

The subject title is price guide but you ask for opinions which are obviously going to be as varied as you (rightly) quote Z prices are atm.

What's the point of the discussion please - the beginning of a Z Club serious price guide or just a chat over a virtual beer ?

What about :

imported OEM RHD ?
cars converted to RHD with/without original IDs meaning their RHD IDs or LHD IDs ?

'the' Samuri or 'a' Samuri ?

Finally, to give a fair appraisal, the conditions of each car quoted should be identical.....which in practice is almost impossible.

There are LHD 240Zs selling well today in the UK with no thought of their owners converting them.

Not to mention the 22.5k 280z on ebay. Seems like the RHD bandwagon is slowing down. However they'd always be worth more.

Spec for spec, same condition it seems a 260z is about 30%(+) less than a 240z. Surely you understand why?

I'd always like to see matching numbers, or the option of the original block, basically if it can be put to 'standard' all the better.

Not to mention the 22.5k 280z on ebay. Seems like the RHD bandwagon is slowing down. However they'd always be worth more.

Spec for spec, same condition it seems a 260z is about 30%(+) less than a 240z. Surely you understand why?

I'd always like to see matching numbers, or the option of the original block, basically if it can be put to 'standard' all the better.

Why not an L28 - for which they were homologated ? Don't lump them into the same catergory as RB swaps and such - L-gata power still rules.:thumbs:

Only added the Sam because I had a very very interesting conversation concerning this subject this evening .

Personally I dont find anything "very very interesting" about "Samuris"
I have one in my garage.
Its no more or less interesting than any other 240Z.
And the vast majority or 240Zs arent interesting at all.
IMHO ;)

What's the point of the discussion please

I think the main point is Gwynn wants to know how much to ask if he sells his 240Z???:confused:

Apart from that its main function will be to fill column inches on the forum with idle chatter.:thumbs:

You and Franky seem to have got that started already.
The rest of the usual suspects will chime in soon Im sure..........................................:D

I think the main point is Gwynn wants to know how much to ask if he sells his 240Z???:confused:

Apart from that its main function will be to fill column inches on the forum with idle chatter.:thumbs:

The rest of the usual suspects will chime in soon Im sure..........................................:D

Well so far excluding this post and therefore after yours it was :

2-all between you and me with a trailing 1x for Franky.......and you didn't answer his questions either 'cept to give your GOM speak:D on your personal opinion upon S30s which has changed since you launched a couple of threads a while back, one of which was on a rally Z, the other a well-known competition Z......hard to take your comments seriously when you zig-zag down the straight like that Pete. Maybe all tongue in cheek then........:unsure:

Gwynn - if THAT is your question - just stick it up on Ebay with a reserve of £21000 and see what happens.

Look at this one : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Datsun-260Z-/151957553366?hash=item23616040d6:g:cg8AAOSwFqJWoKUD

What's that worth....: 2+2 and swapped !

I've only added to the conversation that he started, also put my own answer on 240vs260 prices.

I'd value a samuri at about 30% less again given the fact you really don't know whats been done to it:D

Me me.... Can I join in with some idle chat?

IMO it goes something like this:

U.K. RHD roadworthy good looking car that had a load of repairs in the past. May still have rust.
Standard - 9k
Lightly modified/clubman - 15k
Modified - suspension, brakes, gearbox upgrade, wheels, high performing engine or hybrid - 18+

US LHD roadworthy car with no rust and all original metalwork. Never had rust repairs, good looking car.
Standard - 10k
Lightly modified/clubman - 13k
Modified - suspension, brakes, gearbox upgrade, wheels, high performance engine or hybrid - 18+

This covers most of the cars around. I'm not going to value an import that needs rust repairs as I don't see the point of bringing in a rotten left hooker but isolated repairs will probably not effect the final value. I've also not mentioned original, rust free, in repaired uk cars as there are so few that come up for sale but they will have a high desirability for the investor. There are sub 9k uk cars but generally they will be uneconomical to repair.

It is impossible to directly compare RHD and LHD cars due to the difficulty finding a RHD car that in as good original condition to a LHD one.

This is all just my opinion based on what I've seen in the market and what cars have and haven't sold for.

I've only added to the conversation that he started, also put my own answer on 240vs260 prices.

I'd value a samuri at about 30% less again given the fact you really don't know whats been done to it:D

Oh, so it's MY fault again is it....luckily the broad shoulders can take all this idleness.

Wasn't it Samuri anyway ? samuris are little Suzuki 4x4s aren't they ?

I've also not mentioned original, rust free, in repaired uk cars as there are so few that come up for sale but they will have a high desirability for the investor.

It is impossible to directly compare RHD and LHD cars due to the difficulty finding a RHD car that in as good original condition to a LHD one.

Are investors attracted to perfect, high-priced UK 240Zs ?

Would they buy one over a converted or LHD car of equal condition and/or preparation when it's +£10k more ?

Yes Sean - an investor would be interested in that type of car due to its rarity. Just like a car with chassis number 1 would always be more desirable/valuable than all the others. Therefore a good investment.

Yes Sean - an investor would be interested in that type of car due to its rarity.
Rarity does not systematically = value.

I can't agree John - there are still clean Aussie and SA cars to be imported making them original RHD Zs.....only snob value would support a higher value for an original UK market car and I wonder how many of them are truly left in their original condition......some of the cars have already been reshelled 'probably':rolleyes:

And snob value is too personal an effect to affect the wider investment market.

Who here for eg would pay +£40k for an OEM UK car as opposed to a converted USA for £30k or simply left as is for £20k ?

Once behind the wheel.....

..hard to take your comments seriously when you zig-zag down the straight like that Pete.

Its a car club forum.
Its not real life.
Its full of b****x and b******t like all similar forums. My posts included.
You n Franky are always popping your heads up above the parapet. You are veritable legends (in your own lunchtime) so I see you as fair game for going in to attack/confrontation mode.

Me me.... Can I join in with some idle chat?

Of course you can johny.
Just add your unique Essex views on anything you see in print..
Your opinions count just as much as the rest of us:rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

Yes, they do. But the rupert you used is a common noun. You're not referring to a person called Rupert, you are referring to a type of person called a rupert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back