2004 Back To Basics

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I seriously doubt that I shall be at Billing next year but I would like to attend B to B.
When and where please ?

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
August Bank Holiday
Gold Cup
Oulton Park
Cheshire

historic race and sports cars, camping and local B&Bs
More details to follow

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Originally posted by SeanDezart
I seriously doubt that I shall be at Billing next year but I would like to attend B to B.

Why won't you be at "Bling"? Its fantastic.

You can get deafened by people revving their engines whilst a crowd looks impressedly into their engine bay, get your ankles burned by flamethrowing exhaust pipes, half blinded by gratuitous chrome and polished alloy, annoyed by daft graphics and stickers for tuning companies that the owner has never even heard of, and get lumped-in with a 'scene' that doesn't know even know its own name let alone know what its all about.

You can even get your car vandalised or stolen if you play your cards right.:rolleyes:

Er, on second thoughts maybe BtoB is looking a bit more attractive................

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Suzy - For an ex-pat, when is August bank holiday (30th ?)
Anyway, I'm behind you all the way babe !

This year, I was amongst French and Dutch visitors and I was ashamed at the complete lack of respect shown by our young and ill-educated neighbours whose only idea of fun was to listen to extremely loud music, yell out and drink beer and rev their engines out. When politely asked to cool down, they were too agressive to some of the women with us. So much that I nearly took a mallet to one of them until I was persuaded that it would be to stoop down to their level.
If that, plus your list Albrecht is what Billing is about now - f**k it !

I don't travel hundreds of miles in the heat when it costs to traverse the Channel to put up with that.

I would have liked to show off in the 'new' Z but half of 'em wouldn't know what it is !

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
B2B 2004

28-30th August 2004

Behind me all the way!!! Just watch where you put that rounders bat!:eek:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Me*de, don't think I can make that either - 2004's gonna be a bit lean on the Z outings which is quite the opposite of that planned !

Shame, 'coz I fancy myself with a rounders' bat !

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
Yay! B to B is over my Birthday weekend .. that's worked out nice, hasn't it?

Sean, mate - sorry to hear about your disgraceful experiences at Billing this year .. I thought the general level of hooliganism had been reduced (on the whole) over the previous one, from what I'd heard. Clearly, that's not strictly correct. :(

I agree that "the scene" has attracted its fair share of undesirables with their annoying "youthful" foibles, but having said that, I still thought it was great to see such enthusiasm for Oriental performance machinery, when we once fought so hard to overturn peoples perconceptions about our wonderful cars. I was amazed at the sheer numbers of every kind of Jap Performance cars there ...

I must say, however, that being rude to anyone, especially ladies, is not acceptable under any circumstances .. but I suppose that's the price we pay for success. <sigh>

I also won't be attending Billing this year, cos Beloved's sister is getting married that weekend, and I am an usherette .. damned incosiderate, I thought ;).

Let's hope you can make it over at some point next year - I'd like to get to meet you, at the very least! :D

CheerZ,
JB.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
If I come over, it'll be to pick up my Z currently sitting in Dave Jarmans' garage. If we can meet up for a drink...

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
OK matey - mon plaisir .. just drop me a line, and I'll get the bieres in :D ..

I'm just off the M20 on a direct line to Dover, so I'm sure we can sort something.

A bientot.

CheerZ,
JB.

status

Well-Known Forum User
Quite agree Sean,not as bad as the pratt in 2002.was only there for a couple of hours,got some rice sticks if needed,more deadly,will give you a few lessons if required,still enjoyed it 2003,still a good day out