18 months later.....

netpreference

Well-Known Forum User
FINALLY! After 18 months away my 260z is finally on my drive this morning... All I need now is some sunshine :rolleyes:

DSC00176.JPG

DSC00178.JPG

DSC00177.JPG

DSC00179.JPG

Looking good. It's also nice to see that I am not the only one living on a building site. The difference is that I did build the garage for the cars before the house. Priorities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The back end looks nice.

Cheers, appreciate the comments... very wierd to actually drive it after so long, I forgot how the lack of power steering makes roundabouts so much fun! :eek:

netpreference said:
Cheers, appreciate the comments... very wierd to actually drive it after so long, I forgot how the lack of power steering makes roundabouts so much fun! :eek:

Ok, it got even more fun last night when I decided to take it for a run... it kept losing power and cutting out every few hundred yards! It idles ok but when I put it into gear and move off It dies... :unsure: I assume its the carbs?

The highlight was cutting out on a huge roundabout :eek:

Arggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

check your fuel delivery first ie fuel pump and fuel filter

Looking great mate!

Bet you're happy to have the old girl back before Christmas.

No idea about checking fuel delivery on a carbed Z, mine's got EFI, but if your stuck I will check the Haynes manual for you.

Fuel filter may be clogged and need changing though.

Cars do have a habit of breakind down at the worse possible places, been there....

Thanks Mr G.....

Took her out today to see if I was getting the same problems and hey presto, ran like a dream!?

Maybe a blockage last night... I really don't know but I'm sure I'll be out again for a spin tomorrow to give it a test :santa:

Back