Sorry if this is not allowed....garage door advice

Graham Palmer

Club Member
it's kind a' Z related...as it keeps her safe :p

Looking to get an electric roller garage door fitted to replace my old up 'n over...

any manufacturer recommendations or otherwise to avoid ?

cheers all

Graham

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
I know a couple of people fitted Garolla. Looked pretty good to me. It's definitely allowed. Everyone loves a garage thread :)

candy red

Club Member
Mines a Hormann double skinned with 30mm insulation it’s 3 sections that fold as it goes up so you can park right up to it with an oak effect front had it about 15 years never had a problem with comes with 2 remotes and a manual push pad inside the garage 🤓

MCBladeRun

Club Member
Garolla is a good shout. I went with SDS garage doors local to me in Gloucester I think? Cost 2.5k with 10year parts warranty and 15 year labour warranty I think?

Tony Mc

Club Member
I got my single Garolla (pretty basic with 2 remotes & manual back-up) about 18 months back and can't fault it - about £1k with 2 year guarantee.

Makesy

Club Member
I have 2 (old) sectional garage doors. One's powered by a Chamberlain liftmaster which goes forever, save for a little plastic cog that strips itself over time (£5 replacement - which I've only needed to do once in the last ~20 years).

The other is powered by a Lift King motor which cost me about £40 from facebook marketplace, after its predecessor died. Installed that one about 4 years ago and it's been brilliant.

Both systems work really well with minimal maintenance.

I wouldn't want to be involve myself in the install of the tensioner spring (those things are deadly), but other than that, fitment is a piece of cake.

Depending on budget, you might be able to find all the bits you need for cheap on Facebook or ebay, if someone is getting rid of one.

hamid

Club Member
it's kind a' Z related...as it keeps her safe :p

Looking to get an electric roller garage door fitted to replace my old up 'n over...

any manufacturer recommendations or otherwise to avoid ?

cheers all

Graham
I used this company and was really happy with the quality of their work.1709735552692.png

Kest

Club Member
Don't know the name of ours but was around £500 15 years or so ago, and we installed it ourselves, I was the lucky one who was tasked with tensioning it up (partly because I was the one who had lost the tension when I opened it up - was sent pre tensioned) and in doing so almost broke my wrist, we got there in the end though and it's been working perfectly since - although all remotes and have dies or got lost, we actuate it directly from the motor on the inside of the garage.

The security was always a concern for us as it is well know you can just lift them up to gain access. They have a locking system built in but we drilled some holes through the tracks, door material and wall and place extra secure pins (big screws) for an added level of security.

Mikee

Club Member
I’m with uk66fastback. Rollerdor fitted a couple of years ago and never an issue. Cheaper than everyone for the same product but with an upgraded motor. Local companies were substantially higher priced than the nationals. All companies will give a 10 year guarantee so you really are just adding to their profit as an insulted roller garage door is an insulated roller garage door it’s the quality of the installation that’s important.