Z32 TT's in the Z Club Challenge

nismo550tt

Active Forum User
Hi guys,

Planning on entering the Z club Challenge this year and just thought i'd check out the competition,

also,i noted down the dates but are they at different venues?,also if i bring a few Scot's to the competition do you think we could have the Scottish rounds back for next year maybe?

i've tried to get some of the big powered 300zx.co.uk guys in but they seem very reluctant to play:conf2:

a couple of quick questions to:

do we get Trophies?(never had a Trophy,lol)

do i have to sign up or is it just a turn up at round one thing?

for the hall of fame whats my target for a Z32 TT(road tyres.no nos,if that makes a difference)

thanks in advance.

Paul.

All rounds at Santa Pod this year - dates are:
Pre-season dial-in (no points awarded) 11th March
Round 1 1st April
Round 2 20th May
Round 3 30th June
Round 4 18th August
Round 5 2nd September
Round 6 14th October
Rain-off contingency round 28th October

Yes, there are trophies, but better than that the event is sponsored by D.J. road and Race, Houghton Insurance, MJP (Eastern Auto), The Z Centre, Motormec UK Ltd and Emerald 3D, so there are CASH prizes too! Amounts to be confirmed.

Class structure is essentially the same as 2006, so classes 1 to 6 are no slicks, no NOS. Current official target time for Class Z32 would be 13.04 seconds - record held by Chunk and set 2005. Absolute fastest Z32 is 11.38 held by the late Gavin Balmer using small block Chevy power, otherwise 12.61 for James Morgan on slicks...

Turn up on the day, sign in with the official of the day and make sure you register your times before you leave.

nismo550tt said:
and i think Chunk has had the record long enough;)

Easy you! :)

I'll deffo run in a few drag challenges this year, maybe not until the end of season thou, we'll see what i decide to actually do to the slicktop yet lol

Looking forward to seeing you beat my record Paul, apart from Jaffa, none of the other 'Look at me, i have a big bhp Z' wannabe's would turn up, bloomin pansys the lot of em! ;)

Rich

never done it before but it would be rude not to give it a go i think.

what do i have to do?

p.s. rich i never saw your inviation to any big hp cars

Regards,

alex

_cj_ said:
never done it before but it would be rude not to give it a go i think.

what do i have to do?

p.s. rich i never saw your inviation to any big hp cars

Regards,

alex

Good man:bow:

i'll see you the start line:D

any chance of Mac coming out to play?

Paul.

What's the record for Z31 n/a manual.

Z31 NA runs in Class 2 with 280ZX NAs. I'm afraid the 280s currently shade out all Z31 300s leaving Mick Boakes at #10 with a 16.77 second pass. Now that must be an attainable record....

Note that the main Hall of Fame caps out at 14.99 currently and, as time progresses, it may be difficult to get in even with a fourteen second car...

Gents,

Please note that you need to be paid up members for Drag Challenge (and Hall of Fame) entry.

However, please do come along for the March meeting and have a try first if you like - this is our pre-season practice day and help will be on hand to get you started.

:)

zedhead260 said:
Gents,

Please note that you need to be paid up members for Drag Challenge (and Hall of Fame) entry.

However, please do come along for the March meeting and have a try first if you like - this is our pre-season practice day and help will be on hand to get you started.

sounds like a date :cool:

zedhead260 said:
Gents,

Dont think i'll make the March one,i have events in Scotland,however,i'll be there for round 1,i'll be very interested to see what 1/4 you get CJ.

Paul.

Mr.F said:
Rain-off contingency round 28th October

we dont race in the rain?:conf2:

my best time at crail(13.156 and a 60ft of 2.272 ,due to the track still being very damp) was when it stopped raining for a whole hour,

*note to self* must learn to launch in the dry,lol

Paul.

pmac said:
When you see the track surface at da Pod you will understand this much better!!!:rolleyes:
Boy are you in for a surprise:D

i'm guessing by the sinister look on that smilies face it's not a good surprise;)

Paul.

by reputation the pod is a wee slippy
:conf2:

Only with the wrong rubber/incorrect tyre pressures/poor prep (track or car)

Put some decent tyres on and the grip is stunning compared to tarmac or concrete..... put it like this imagine someone coating the soles of your shoes with evostick, then try walking on flypaper....seriously, when tha marshals walk on the track you can hear the sound of the adhesive:devil:

i'm guessing by the sinister look on that smilies face it's not a good surprise
no just funny.

If you have never run on a prepped track before it can take you somewhat by surprise and even quick, well driven cars can bog in a heartbeat ........(discounts the entire Z32 range then :devil:)

SKiddell said:
:conf2:

Only with the wrong rubber/incorrect tyre pressures/poor prep (track or car)

Put some decent tyres on and the grip is stunning compared to tarmac or concrete..... put it like this imagine someone coating the soles of your shoes with evostick, then try walking on flypaper....seriously, when tha marshals walk on the track you can hear the sound of the adhesive:devil:

no just funny.

If you have never run on a prepped track before it can take you somewhat by surprise and even quick, well driven cars can bog in a heartbeat ........(discounts the entire Z32 range then :devil:)

ok mate - are you offering lessons - i might well need them ;)

regards,

alex

ok mate - are you offering lessons - i might well need them

The regular crew are always on hand to offer help and advice to "Pod Virgins" and "Newbies".
Thats how we hope to encourage more people to come and join the fun.
We even had a NA Day at the Pod over on the "other side" a while back to encourage more NA drivers to attend.
The prospect of even one big power TT attending is really interesting indeed.
Its a great day out, I find it technically very absorbing and even after three seasons of campaining Im still learning. (lost track of how many runs I have had)
We did however on one famous occasion have one 240Z owner who came and did three runs never to return, believing that he had learnt all there was to it in those 3 runs:rolleyes:
Looking and walking on the track. Getting the feel for the Christmas Tree and how the marshalls handle the cars and tips from our resident Podmeister MrF are all included in the newbies package.
The usual fee for these services is calculated in" Santa Pod money." IE Cups of coffee and/or bacon rolls. :D :D :D
You will probably see me post up something on the "other side" nearer the time. But Im not Pmac over there:conf2:

Still unhappy about the class system because i run nitrous means i could go up against a z32 tt running nitrous or a 240 running nitrous which means it is pointless in my taking part as i have no chance of competing against these i really think the class system needs to be reworked in order to make this competition fair for example why not have z32 N/A standard and Z32 N/A modified and the same for the rest of the models it can be argued that "oh your running nitrous so your cheating" but there is nothing stopping anyone else from fitting nitrous if they want to compete in the modified catagree to the same standard to put me up against different models of zed just because i have nitrous is unfair

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimijitsu said:
Still unhappy about the class system because i run nitrous means i could go up against a z32 tt running nitrous or a 240 running nitrous which means it is pointless in my taking part as i have no chance of competing against these i really think the class system needs to be reworked in order to make this competition fair for example why not have z32 N/A standard and Z32 N/A modified and the same for the rest of the models it can be argued that "oh your running nitrous so your cheating" but there is nothing stopping anyone else from fitting nitrous if they want to compete in the modified catagree to the same standard to put me up against different models of zed just because i have nitrous is unfair

I think the trouble is you'd need fifty classes to make things fairer, and everyone would end up having their own class if that happened. I'm sure if there were a dozen NA NOS Z32s they might warrant their own class.

Back