Yelo

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Peace and love chaps, selling my '77 capri and hopefully next few days getting a 280zx, only z I've had before is a 300zx which I loved, aside from the fact it weighed and drank more than my ex :/ Anyway you'll probably be seeing more of me, I'll post up pics if I get the car.. Also is this the biggest Z forum in the UK? Peace

RobZ32

Well-Known Forum User
Hi there and well done for joining the fold. Is that location around the north, south, east or west?

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Cool, I love my forums I'm on about 20, great source of info and stealing other peoples mods :) I'm from your ends Rob!

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Holy schmoly what are you guys saying! Sacrilege on a zx forum! aren't you supposed to be persuading me to get the 280 lol Here's a link to my Capri:

1977 Ford Capri mkII.. Stunning Classic.. Genuine 90k miles.. FULL MOT * Tax Cars for Sale Leicester Leicester

Beauty, but waking up next to a model everyday is good at first, then it becomes mundane. I'm bored. The 280zx quenches my thirst for power, and it looks wicked :) It's a 2+2 targa top model, got a nice kit.. I think it looks wicked, but I'll post pics and let you guys decide. Never know I might even keep the Capri as it sure does get a lot of looks!

Wyn

Club Member
Holy schmoly what are you guys saying!
Sacrilege on a zx forum! aren't you supposed to be persuading me to get the 280 lol !

Or being honest ?

Mk2 1.6 ?
Drop in a 2.0, or convert to a 3.0ltr for the crack and be done

As for a ZX each to their own but not for me :)

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Out of curiousity what z or zx motor would you be happy to replace a mk2 with? I'd have a mk1 for keeps but I never took to the front or rear lights of the mk2, side profile is stunning though.

Oh and also aside from extras is there any difference between the z and zx models?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I think you guys are being tough on the ZX !!! But get a clean one (no underside rust) and play with it gradually. Or look at a 260Z 2+2 ?

Millions of differences between a Z and ZX !

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I think you guys are being tough on the ZX !!! But get a clean one (no underside rust) and play with it gradually. Or look at a 260Z 2+2 ?

Millions of differences between a Z and ZX !

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Holy schmoly what are you guys saying! Sacrilege on a zx forum! aren't you supposed to be persuading me to get the 280 lol Here's a link to my Capri:

1977 Ford Capri mkII.. Stunning Classic.. Genuine 90k miles.. FULL MOT * Tax Cars for Sale Leicester Leicester

Beauty, but waking up next to a model everyday is good at first, then it becomes mundane. I'm bored. The 280zx quenches my thirst for power, and it looks wicked :) It's a 2+2 targa top model, got a nice kit.. I think it looks wicked, but I'll post pics and let you guys decide. Never know I might even keep the Capri as it sure does get a lot of looks!

Stick with the F**d unless you can find a really nice 280zx 2 seater or nice S30 within your budget.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Spoken like true early Z snobs slagging off the 280ZX but each to there own
jim.gif

Tee I know a lot of the early Z owners wont like this but some of them but not all are so far up their own arses with anything but their beloved 2 seat versions of the rickerty crude uncomfortable version of the rust invaded Z they run down everything else that has a X after the Z and has more than 2 seats and that includes the 260Z 2+2
beatdeadhorse5.gif

tee have a look at the black two seater manual 280ZX that MR F has just put up in the classifieds

And oh By the way Welcome to the Club and we are not all the same as some with the bigoted views on which car to own if you want a specific model go for it and sod what some of the others say for they are just like the old classic car scene that said that the 240Z is not a classic and should not be allowed in here

And well said Sean

Last edited by a moderator:

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Good choice! The 280 ZX is a great car and I personally prefer the 2+2 to the 2 seater, but wouldn't mind either!...The 240/260 model is just too old fashioned for me!
The 280 ZX was a far more advanced car than the Capri in it's day....I switched from a Capri to a 280 ZX back in the 1980's and I've never looked back!:driving:

It's a real shame that the "snobbery" you find on this site is ruining it and must be putting off potential owners of the ZX range from joining.
Personally I'm not going to bother re-subscribing any more!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Lol can of worms or what! Each to their own, I like to ask peoples opinions it's good to know.. but anyway I've brought the 280 :) I'll post pics tomorrow, I love it though!! the 240 and 260 are great, but I think the 280zx is more of a fusion of classic and modern, but saying that I may have brought a 240 or 260 if one came up.

Anyway who you guys insured with and how much you paying? I asked in the other section but had no replies, I'm 24 and paying £600, is that cool?

Wyn

Club Member
Spoken like true early Z snobs slagging off the 280ZX

Not fair

A, i'm not a snob
B, I don't like? the 280, Z31, Z32 or the 350 (as in they don't do it for me)
C, infact I dont like most Datsun, Nissan cars (most are just too bland :unsure:)

Yes I like the look of the 240, 260 for that
I don't like its engine, its box or it's front suspension (esp them balljoints)

But I like the shells shape, it's dash and it's long nose

So I'll make mine me own :D

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
It's a 2+2 targa top model, got a nice kit.. I think it looks wicked, but I'll post pics and let you guys decide.

Hi,
Be interesting to see some pictures!....There's been a couple of 280zx's on ebay recently, one with a Kaminari body kit and one with a MSA kit.....I bid on one of them ;)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
It's a real shame that the "snobbery" you find on this site is ruining it and must be putting off potential owners of the ZX range from joining.
Personally I'm not going to bother re-subscribing any more!!

Hey Jez thats a shame that a long time member has decided not to subscribe any more due to the constant running down of models by some other blinkered members

Some seem to think this is a mostly a S30 site and every thing else Z wise are interlopers

They seem to have forgotten this is "one club all the cars" and without the involvement of owners of the later models and the continued haranguing of those models, their owners or prospective owners will not bother coming here and that means the only one way this club can go and that is a downward spiral