TOPGEAR Richard Hammond

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
Just to say, I was sorry to hear tonight that Richard Hammond from Top Gear, was involved in an accident at 280mph while filming for the programme and had to be cut out of the wreckage,his condition is said to be critical. Get well soon, I will send an email to Topgear too, from our Club wishing him :( the Best..

Nick..

dav350z

Club Member
Yeah, that's terrible. Heard he was in a stable condition this morning. Really hope he makes a full recover.

Russ

Club Member
Aye couldn't believe it when I saw on the news. He writes for the MCN as well, usually a nice little article.

Hope he makes a full recovery.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Tragic news, brave attempt on the UK land speed record in the Vampire
I truley hope he makes a full recovery.

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Sounds like his condition is stabilising (according to the radio here) Clarkson has been to visit him...

300mph crash in a jet car though! If he's ok I'm sure they'll show it on top gear.

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Update... "he remains in critical condition with severe head injuries. Doctors say his condition is improving."

Markp.com

Well-Known Forum User
Just heard this on the radio: Apparently he's suffered a serious brain injury... but the doctors are confident he will make a good recovery...

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
this sucks, i've been glued to the radio all day at work for info.... my thoughts are with him and his family at this time.... moments like this you wish you could do something, i've got like a spare kidney or lung kinda thing but we can only wait. i'm sure we all feel the same way

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Been watching it on the Beeb news website since this morning. Hopefully he'll be OK, but the docs are being a bit cagey. 24 hours after a brain injury is very early to be making judgements on recovery.

Fingers crossed for him!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Are you all from Liverpool? There were 28,954 seriously injured road users in 2005. None of them were involved in Brainiac, as far as I know.
Its not all bad then.

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
SeanDezart said:
That's what happens when Hamsters drive supercars...:(

Oh hilarious Sean, (even though i dont get it),
maybe you should send your joke to his wife and kids, eh.