Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Subscribed members have prior access for 3 days

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Subscribed members have no prior access

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Should the subscribed members of the club get an advantage in buying anything in the classified section where by any new classified is open to subscribed members for a period of time before being visible to all users

andy

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not sure so have gone for 7 days. My thinking is if its done on a weekly basis then its much easier to administer

Arkwright

Inactive
I'm in favour of subscribed members having an advantage like this. May I also suggest that a price for goods offered for sale must be stated. There are too many adverts on atm with 'best offer' If we have a delay on viewing it will only result in a Dutch Auction so any advantage will be lost.

Mr.G

Club Member
I think that only members should be allowed to vote on this poll as non-members will skew the data ;)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I think that only members should be allowed to vote on this poll as non-members will skew the data ;)

Its a good point but no real problem as can if there was a massive swing one way or another it can always be clarified on the status of who voted

260ZG

Club Member
Well I put 7 days but would not be upset if it was either side. I am assuming that the software can be set up to do this automatically?

I am with Arkwright on the price needing to be stated.

I usually work on the principle of if the vendor doesn't know how much he wants how am I supposed to guess.:)

If implemented it will be interesting to see if it makes that much difference to sales, although I am not sure how you would monitor it.

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
I agree the best offer thing is worse than useless.
What happens if someone sells something for best offer and it's obviously worth a ton but the best offer is 20 quid? Does the seller then refuse the sale??? If so then he wasn't prepared to accept the best offer.
If I want to buy something I want to know how much it costs and I will pay the going rate.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Voted for 7 days. Hopefully sellers will also be swayed to join as most are buyers too.

Good point about 'best offer' Derek, a 'buy it now' price with 'make offer' would be good.

Dale

Club Member
It's a moot point; Sean will still beat everyone to the stuff anyway :D

I agree with the 'best offer' comments, though; I will always leave them ads well alone.

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Fixed Price v Best Offer

I am finding this argument fascinating and was thinking how someone would know the market value of a particular item they were putting up for sale in the classifieds? I would be interested in a little experiment to find out what people think this unused late model 260Z jack is worth (it's not for sale), just to determine the range of answers. I'll put up what I paid for it later this evening!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/Vinjer/DSC00681.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/Vinjer/DSC00680.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I am finding this argument fascinating and was thinking how someone would know the market value of a particular item they were putting up for sale in the classifieds? I would be interested in a little experiment to find out what people think this unused late model 260Z jack is worth (it's not for sale), just to determine the range of answers. I'll put up what I paid for it later this evening!

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/Vinjer/DSC00678.jpg

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g445/Vinjer/DSC00679.jpg

Certainly not a mint item I would say tenner but would expect people to offer less unless they had a dire need to have an actual 260z jack

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Voted for 7 days. Hopefully sellers will also be swayed to join as most are buyers too.

Good point about 'best offer' Derek, a 'buy it now' price with 'make offer' would be good.

Rob. perhaps you might like to take a moment and think about what you actually said:confused:

;)

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Rob. perhaps you might like to take a moment and think about what you actually said:confused:

;)

Pete, I know exactly what I said - or meant to say :unsure:

If someone puts Best Offer when do they know when to sell it (is another offer going to come in?) and how much do people offer without paying too much or alternatively lose out?

If they put a 'Buy it Now' then if someone wants to pay that price it's sold straight away. If no-one wants to pay that much it will hang around but at least it is a guide on the figure the seller is expecting. Bit like a house sale.

The point being that the Z Club Member has a chance to buy it (Buy it Now) before website members

2fast2z

Well-Known Forum User
Mr. Burns. may i ask who got this stupid idea for a poll ?

What do you guys think you will achieve with this, is it a way to hire more paying members ? or are you trying to keep all the desireable parts within the club ?

Please explain the purpose of this for me, i just dont get it and the sellers will hardly give a shite to whom they sell.

It's a great idea to discuss classified sales, probably many things that could be improved,

1. Like no best offer, without a price idea listed.
2. Or items have to be marked as sold.
3. And what about all contact have to be posted to the ad, atleast as PM send.

Before anyone get tempted to think i write this because i'm a non paying member and come with stupid remarks, forget about it, it's not the case.

Chris

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
What do you guys think you will achieve with this, is it a way to hire more paying members ?

Before anyone get tempted to think i write this because i'm a non paying member and come with stupid remarks, forget about it, it's not the case.

Chris
Chris

What it is, is a way of trying to get the thoughts off the membership in what advantages they would expect to gain from being a member and in this particular instance what they feel is a fair time period for any changes to the system that may occur

It is not a blatant attempt to try and raise membership just a way of trying to get people involved in the policies and direction of the he club

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Fixed Price v Best Offer

OK, here is the information extrapolated from the jack purchase email (April 2010 rates):

DATSUN Z SERIES 240z - 280z SPARE TIRE JACK- NEVER USED
$177.50 USD 1 $177.50 USD
Postage and packing $48.80 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $226.30 USD
Payment $226.30 USD
From amount £151.17 GBP
To amount $226.30 USD
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.49699 USD

My case is that it is very difficult to price unique or virtually unique parts (I am talking NOS) and they are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay. There were lots of bids for this part hence why it reached this value. I could have provided several better examples if I had not lost all computer data prior to February 2010, but I think it makes a valid point in this thread.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
OK, here is the information extrapolated from the jack purchase email (April 2010 rates):

DATSUN Z SERIES 240z - 280z SPARE TIRE JACK- NEVER USED
$177.50 USD 1 $177.50 USD
Postage and packing $48.80 USD
Insurance - not offered ----
Total $226.30 USD
Payment $226.30 USD
From amount £151.17 GBP
To amount $226.30 USD
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.49699 USD

My case is that it is very difficult to price unique or virtually unique parts (I am talking NOS) and they are worth what the buyer is prepared to pay. There were lots of bids for this part hence why it reached this value. I could have provided several better examples if I had not lost all computer data prior to February 2010, but I think it makes a valid point in this thread.

well I am going into my shed tomorrow and see if I kept the 2 jacks i had or whether I chucked them away
If I still have them will put them up for sale for £20 each and donate half of that to the club

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
well I am going into my shed tomorrow and see if I kept the 2 jacks i had or whether I chucked them away
If I still have them will put them up for sale for £20 each and donate half of that to the club

Steve I thought you were trying to have a serious discussion on this thread.
Your reply just ignores completely the point A2Z is making, whether or not you agree with it.
No wonder many of us just dont bother anymore. Seems like every thread just turns in to a bun fight full of non relevant stuff.