reason for the distraction from my z

ben240z

Club Member
As the more observant may be aware the Z has been put away for a few years while I work on a new project.
Work is slow as I am learning machining as well as how this box of bits go back together but it is disturbingly fun.
Hope to be out in it next season.
11156d1354219424-reason-distraction-my-z-20121129_193135-jpg

Attachments

• 20121129_193135.jpg
    20121129_193135.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 315

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
As the more observant may be aware the Z has been put away for a few years while I work on a new project.
Work is slow as I am learning machining as well as how this box of bits go back together

I think you will end up being more than a brilliant mechanic if you get the door to fit as it seems way to big:p

ben240z

Club Member
Looks roverish what size?:thumbs:
5 ltr Tuscan block with wildcat heads and throttle bodies on dta ecu. Just trying to figure out how to fit coil on plugs
Should be running around 400 hp with the car weighing in at 500 kgs
Should have a Judd 3.5 v8 but I could not afford one. This should still scare the craps out of me though

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Good luck with this Ben, I'm sure you'll enjoy the challenge of building and driving it.

Like most of us you seem to need a bit more workshop space.

Keep us informed please. :thumbs:

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Ben, to be honest I quite like that Cooper 500 on your Avatar - is that you driving?

ben240z

Club Member
For sale ? First glance I thoght it was another V8........:eek:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha you could not come up with a price to buy that engine. Genuine factory big bore block. All my work. Slide throttle that janspeed ran on this engine in the 70s.

Dream on my friend but I appreciate the interest.

ben240z

Club Member
Ben, to be honest I quite like that Cooper 500 on your Avatar - is that you driving?

Hi rob yes that is me in the smith 500 that a very good friend of mine let me drive when the datsun misbehaved at a meeting
He also has a creamer 500 and a cooper and was trying to sell me a jp 500 when I bought the pilbeam.

The smith was an amazing car to drive and I could easily have one.

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeB

Well-Known Forum User
Ben

Can't wait to hear your first impressions of the Pilbeam. Can I be cheeky and suggest you try a few sprints as well, I always found them good to practice your high speed steering with a bit more room to play should things get exciting :)