performance engines

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
so come on guys be honest, who does what and the price for performance/ease of driving and reliability!

Are you tlaking purely engines as the title suggests ? In which case, I've gone for a lot of torque for ease of driving, all the trick bits for instant response and all the other trick bits to ensure it's reliability :)
Added to that some esthetiques as just practical is not always beautiful !

Grolls,think you will have to come round soon and go for a blast in a 2 seater 260Z.Very rare,and take them thingys with you

status i will mate...promise and sean yes i was tlacking purley engines:D i know how much status's engine was but being a skint ol mechanic i gotta cut corners!

I am after a smooth progressive throttle, good fuel economy, a quick spool up and bags or torque.

2.8 L6
Gone for the individual throttle body look myself with a fully programmable 3D ECU, managing both the injection and the wasted spark ignition --- distributors are so last year luvvy:D

SKiddell said:
the wasted spark ignition --- distributors are so last year luvvy:D
wasted spark designed in the late 40's by citroen ....luvvy... dont forget to swap the plugs round on a regular basis to keep plug wear even;)

coil over plug is what were at dearie...oh skid your soooooo yesterday ...lol:D

Also being an EX mechanic I have built my own 2.8 L6 running triple 40 Dcoes, stage 2 cam,large Skim, high pressure valve springs and retainers,head work and six branch exhaust, oil cooler and soon to be fitted Direct port NOS bring it on watch out you Pod racers!
Should push me back in the seat...
Russ can tell you how it Goes!

Oh man, I remember the day as if it were yesterday, in fact I still listen to it recorded on my phone from time to time :) If every you need an experience to get you hooked riding passenger in a Z is it :)

Was very impressed, left me thinking "Why would I ever want a V8, who needs more than this" and I've been wrestling with that thought ever since :D

I'm using the standard 240 box doing well so far with the amount of stick I give it, and a R200 3:7 diff as my R180 let go on the last track day Noisey or what! ear plugs anyone!
Seems to still go really well with the 3:7 but I would like a 4:11 to get more take off speed.

i've gone the turbo route, mainly to give the car some extra oomph as the Kaminari kit suggests. its a standard L28 with a P90 head EMS6 ignition black box thingy & poss nitrous at a later date.the turbo is Janspeed with adjustable boost control(ex John Graham) soon to have a stainless system as well(as soon as i can get the engine back in.)
i'm told this should give me about 225 bhp running about 6-7 psi boost.
i did think about a V8 as i love the simplicity-these days you have to have a degree in computers to open a bonnet on a modern engine-keeping it simple appeals to my limited mechanical skills.
if i really feel the need for speed, i get the bike out-0-60 sub 3 secs, top speed 180MPH, cost some serious money to get that from the kaminari!

BBC in 280ZX, sub 2 seconds to 60....(OK, slightly tuned and set up for drags).

well if i sold the zzr, i might be able to afford the drag set up BBC-just, but not exactly great at shopping in tescos is it:D

!!!! Don't your eyeballs fall into the back of your head?

not so far Russ, eyes water a bit if the visor isnt down tight, but they tend to stay in the sockets.!

not exactly great at shopping in tescos is it
For the first year of its life with me the car was still (in theory) only just a small step away from street legal - but never went to Tescos in it! I'm more of a Sainsburys fan...

mine will(if i ever get it rolling) in theory be doing quite a few miles as my only 4 wheeled transport-a BBC tuned or otherwise would be great, but my bank balance just wont stretch to the fuel costs!

this is the dark satanic north Mike, its tescos or morrisons up here m8

Grolls
wasted spark designed in the late 40's by citroen ....luvvy... dont forget to swap the plugs round on a regular basis to keep plug wear even;)
Unlike the Distributor which was designed by Fred Flintstone (Where as Bam Bam did the 2+2):D :D :D

We all know there is no substitute for Cubic Inches ....or CCs if you are running a little engine :D

Turbos were invested for people who are cubicly challenged :D

You want torque ?........... get a V8

SKiddell said:
Grolls
Unlike the Distributor which was designed by Fred Flintstone (Where as Bam Bam did the 2+2):D :D :D
who told you i was having a dizzy?......lol....2+2 kickind ass....lmao...ssshhhhh!!!

Back