OS Giken L6 Head.

That's just for the head and associated paraphernalia. As quoted in the article:

"The representative said that the head, timing gears, cams, valve cover and intake manifolds will set you back a staggering $32,000 USD, that price does not include the carbs, short block or exhaust header, or the super cool carbon fiber velocity stacks."

AFAIK (from previous articles/discussions around the web), they only sell them as a complete engine package, so with an OS Giken prepared L28 stroker block. So, much more than the US$32k mentioned!

Its on my lottery win list though...

Thank Matt,
News of the OSGiken twin cam head has been posted over the years, 2 or 3 years ago I was looking at some cam specs for Star motorsport through RB motorsport (OS Giken dealers in the UK) and we discussed the twin cam head, RB stated that OS might be thinking of producing it again if demand and pre orderes were worth it, a year or so ago I got a call to tell me the cost, needless to say I did consider donating a kidney.

Over the past 12 months quiet a lot of video and photographs of the newer, technically revised setup has been posted and it looks beautiful, if you want over 300 + naturally aspirated HP (400 has been recorded) from a 3.2 litre.....dont go to Rebello (as if), save up your pennies and buy a work of art instead.

The need of bringing Rebello into this post, is?.... Its like comparing a chicken and an egg.

-The OS Gilken engine is easily 4/5 times the cost of a Rebello L series engine
-The only thing they have in common is the bare short block

So, using these points, its quite reasonable to quote this instead

if you want over 300 + naturally aspirated HP from a 3.0 litre.....dont go to Skiddell (as if),

Nothing but derision since I introduced Rebello engines to Europe….

However much the meagre crumb from a Melton Mowbray pork pie are mumbled at, facts like this remain;

-The Rebello L series engines produce good power and torque (whatever way its measured)
-Rebello L series has powered a Land Speed car to a record
-Rebello L series powered numerous race, class and championship wins in North America (and possibly further afield)
-Rebello L series engines sold by there thousands to very satisfied customers around the world
-And I haven’t even mentioned the engine/race development/wins with other different marques Rebello deals with

Compared with a remote, provincial, meagre, single, Melton crumb of minor self achievement….. in the grand scheme of things, this crumb is insignificant…. Utterly no basis for deriding other more significantly, exulted achiever’s.

“Bangs for buck”, Rebello is one of the only real options for a good powered N/A L series engine (apart from PMC & Japan [ but the cost goes up]), perhaps The Crumb of Melton would like to extoll a UK L series engine builder with that sort of track record Rebello has……. Oh there isn’t, nor has he.

As for insignificant me, very happy with my Rebello 3.2 litre, its not the “biggest and best”(whatever that is), but that’s never been the intention.

Drop me a line if you consider a Rebello engine (as you have been) and I will give you my thoughts without derision (in the style of The Crumb of Melton), or banging the Rebello drum (too much).

Hey, you don't have to read it Steve, it's called freedom of choice:smash:

Firstly
Apologies to the thread starter for this going off topic.

if you want over 300 + naturally aspirated HP from a 3.0 litre.....dont go to Skiddell (as if)

?????
I don’t sell engines Ian, I just build good ones from the mistakes I have seen others make, but I am making close to 300 reputable HP from a 3 litre…..fact

My comment about Rebello was fairly generic and was not aimed at anyone in particular but hey it seems to have touched a nerve with you and it would be rude of me to ignore your rather acerbic retort.

The Rebello name was used in place of any of the current recyclers of L series “also ran” setups (Kameari etc excluded) my point was that the OS Giken setup is a work of art and IMHO the pinnacle of L series development, and 99% of the engines we use are not ,no matter who they are from which sadly includes yours.
Yes there are other twin cam sixes that are quieter, more powerful and cheaper but that’s not what we were talking about here.

I’m not disputing anything Rebello have done, my point was….. I know which I would rather have; you on the other hand, seem to have another agenda which I have no interest in.

And as for the crumb comment, somewhat ironic seeing as my engine cost as much as your cars worth.

Out of respect to the tread starter I will not enter into any further debate outside of the OS Giken setup.

Have a nice day

Dear Crumb of Melton,

Sorry for the delay replying, been significant elsewhere...:)

I don’t sell engines Ian

Did I mention selling….?

My comment about Rebello was fairly generic and was not aimed at anyone in particular
The Rebello name was used in place of any of the current recyclers of L series “also ran” setups

If “fairly generic” & used in place of any current recyclers of L series, perhaps you could edit your original post to, say, “ any reputable L series builder in the UK”, or, …. thought not. No, if generic , you wouldn’t have written the first bit then followed up with (below), which is an “up yours” . Its called back peddling.
Hey, you don't have to read it Ian, it's called freedom of choice

You have been derogatory on this forum, before now, about Rebello & others. I just don’t get the “high and mighty” comments from you, who with a comparable Hubble telescope of achievement, but derides others with much more experience, hands on (more importantly), knowledge and a track record.
of any of the current recyclers of L series “also ran” setups

Using your words, you would thus include Dave Jarman, Fourways, Sunbelt, PMC, with lots more besides, & yours fit in that 99%? I am sure the builders & owners of these feel soooo much better for your kind words
I’m not disputing anything Rebello have done, my point was….. I know which I would rather have; you on the other hand, seem to have another agenda which I have no interest in.

Me too, I would rather have a OS Giken (or a Kameari) any day, they are the pinnacle (far higher- but the cost), us mere mortals have to do with something much more attainable and affordable in the way of these engines.
Me, another agenda, na, except trying to get a more balanced prospective/ praise of all, rather than “as if”, “also ran” and derisory crumb mumbling comments.

And as for the crumb comment, somewhat ironic seeing as my engine cost as much as your cars worth.

You have said elsewhere the cost, thus;
-Oh Please, don’t make me laugh, I’ve spent more buying OEM nuts, bolts, & washers for my S30 restoration than you paid for your throttle bodies set-up, you are not in a position to mumble at others…carbon fiber doesn’t add value….
-Should of saved yourself a large wad of money and got an engine from a few different “also rans” with more reliable horses (and yes, doable)
-It must be rather difficult to “mug” yourself
-Or, you could sell yours, and buy an OS Giken, oh, dear, somewhat short…, welcome to the “also ran” ”club”

Out of respect to the tread starter I will not enter into any further debate outside of the OS Giken setup

Somewhat Saintly & ironic, since you took the thread this way.

Have a nice day

I am :thumbs:

Ian I don’t know what’s happened in your life to make you so feel so inadequate but this forum just isn’t the place to get cathartic release, and sorry I just don’t have the time to help you either.

As stated
Out of respect to the tread starter I will not enter into any further debate outside of the OS Giken setup

Come on boys nock it on the head or go find a playground somewhere. Your both realy nice guys and this totally unbecoming of you.

go find a playground somewhere.

This forum is quite a good playground really.:thumbs:
Although normally frequented by adults many of them have a childlike view of the world.
Others have childlike knowledge of performance engine science.

This little dialog is just a classic "my engine is better than yours" nah nah teh nah nah!!
"My engines bigger than yours......".... and "my engine is more powerful than yours":p

Ians engine is 3.2 litres so he wins over Skiddels 3.0 litres and size does matter!!;)

Skiddel wins the power stakes tho with his 294BHP over Ians 254BHP.
Ian will of course claim that his power is more than enough.
And so it rumbles on.....

I will be joining in soon too with my rally car engine.:bow:
Its a bit smaller and it wont make as much power but I will find a way of "winning" by some other spurious crtieria:rolleyes:

Whos next????:driving:

:D:D:D

Well Peter my ball cock is definitely bigger than all of yours - given the excitement and lack of stock at the 4 plumber's merchants I visited before finding one! :D

Seriously though, this is very symptomatic of electronic communication; even with smileys, there is no tonality and it's really easy to misread intent, then words rapidly escalate. I see it everyday on work e-mails and conference calls.

I bet if these two gentlemen were having the same conversation face to face over a pint, able to see each other's expressions/body language, it would have a very different tone and outcome. I do hope that one day they will buy each other that pint and laugh at this thread! ;)

It's highly improbable that either of them set out to intentionally upset the other.

We judge ourselves by our intentions and everyone else by their words!! Wise words, sadly not mine or I would have been as rich as the fella who said it and taking about my Maserati Grancabrio instead!! ;)

Back on topic, I'd love to see this head in the real world, certainly looks like engineering erotica! :thumbs:

Ali K

Back