New member system - Troubleshooter

Nidge74

New Forum User
Hi everybody

The new member database going live has highlighted a few issues.

When the update is run, it looks at
1) Membership Expiry date
2) Postcode - (IT HAS NOW BEEN REVEALED THIS NEEDS TO BE UPPER CASE AND CORRECTLY FORMATTED)
3) Membership Number.

If any of the above is incorrect, you will be reverted to non-member status whenever an update is run.

If you suddenly become a non-member without cause, please check the following

1) Is your postcode included in your profile?
2) is your postcode correctly formatted including the space? i.e xx1 1xx?
3)Have you moved house recently and not informed us? (If your postcode is different to what we have listed the Update will demote you)
4)Is your membership number included in your profile and does this match the number on your membership card?

If you have checked each of the above and you see no error, please check that you have renewed your membership since it last expired. (see expiry date on your membership card)

If everything should be correct, but isn't, please send me a PM or e-mail and I will look into the problem

Kind regards

Nidge74

Membership Secretary

Last edited by a moderator:

Bernard Nayduch

New Forum User
I have never been able to access the members only area despite holding membership for nearly 4 years. Webmaster does not respond to any of my e-mails. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Nidge74

New Forum User
Bernard

you did not have your membership number or postcode in your profile.

I have now added these and you should have full access

1) Is your postcode included in your profile?
2) is your postcode correctly formatted including the space? i.e xx1 1xx?
3)Have you moved house recently and not informed us? (If your postcode is different to what we have listed the Update will demote you)
4)Is your membership number included in your profile and does this match the number on your membership card?

If any problems, please go to FORUM/USER CP to update your details.

Oscar One

Forum User
I Renewed my M/Ship by paypal on 29/8/08 receipt nos 6lm22728c7593654x. I am still in the black and as yet have had no receipt or M/Ship card from the club and have no access to certain parts of our website. I would appreciate if the problem could be solved as I am fed up of behing told by members I have not payed my dues.
Osca One . M/Ship Nos 320

Nidge74

New Forum User
hey Oscar One

Probably my fault,

I'll check and get back to you.

Please be patient, this may take up to 5 minutes :)

Nidge74

New Forum User
Sorted

There was a letter O instead of a number 0 in your postcode.

Possibly my fault, but it's sorted now,, you should have no further problems.

Phil A

New Forum User
membership?

Hi there,
not sure if it is related to the new system you describe, but I completed and paid for membership on-line, and have heard nothing via email or post since (so no password etc)
Phil

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Hi there,
not sure if it is related to the new system you describe, but I completed and paid for membership on-line, and have heard nothing via email or post since (so no password etc)
Phil
Hi Phil
Thank you for paying by paypal on the 16th September
Nidge will be sending out your stuff with his next batch of processing

tel240z

Club Member
Neil i have gone blue again, i have checked all the things listed but i think the postcode u have on file is wrong, as i seem to remember the last lot of post i recieved had some strange post code on it if u look at my profile that is the right one ending in 5UB

Russ

Club Member
You were right about the postcode.

What's funny though is you share the same name as my dad, it was weird searching for you in the db :)

johnymd

Club Member
I paid by paypal to renew my membership but I'm still in black. I'll check my details in the control panel.

Nidge74

New Forum User
Both Updated

Russ, I ran the membership after updating 2 members, and it gave me +3

Also, I notice that the Paypal no longer automatically members. :(