Finally, an introduction!

friday

Well-Known Forum User
It realised last night as I was posting that I haven't actually introduced myself properly...so I thought I better pull my finger out and do it! :D

I'm a Brummie born and bred, though years of electro shock therapy have erased the accent. I'm an artist (feel free to insert the word "p1ss" in front of that ;))...I used to do a lot of sculpture, film and installation stuff and some part-time MA lecturing but I mainly paint these days as quite frankly it pays more! I also dabble in advertising, PR and graphic design which helps since being an artist doesn't bring in a steady pay-check (more's the pity)

I imported my 1991, TT, 2+2, manual, targa top Z32 almost 4 years ago now and I've loved every minute of it! I've got fairly aggressive Crohns disease (had it since I was 12) which means I'm often in hospital for long stretches at a time and this car has really helped, giving me something to focus on, taking my mind off things and all that jazz.

For the past year I've been involved in a project to turn my car into something a bit special. As some of you will know, my good mate John Dixon and myself decided to transplant two V8's into our respective cars. However, I decided I'd like to take things a little bit further. I've now gone in with Steve at Bodywork Plus (with additional sponsorship from FS Autos of Japan and Nearfield Audio here in the UK)and together we're trying to create a car that will hopefully be truly different: the V8, totally custom wide arch bodywork, an amazing respray and a completely custom interior with new leather retrim, car-pc etc.etc. Basically, a show car that isn't just a "trailer queen", something that is mean't to be driven, and driven hard!

I can't post up any work in progress pics just yet, as we're keeping it firmly under wraps till it's all finished, but the image below, the one in the Bodywork Plus sig and banner, is from the original design that's being worked from, the look I originally wanted for the car (although the one below is taken from a rough mock up of the website being created for Steve and shows the old proposed alloys, not the new Trafficstar ones).

Luckily I have a very understanding girlfriend! I struck lucky as Lucie's into fast cars herself and doesn't kill me for spending ridiculous amounts of money on stuff for the car...in fact we're on here as joint members :)

Anyhoo, I think that's about it! I'm chuffed to be a member on here and Lucie and I are looking forward to meeting a few more of you guys face to face next year! :)

Cheers,

Leigh.
Carpic01.jpg

It'd be really nice to see a 300 with wide arches at the front as well as back :) Looking forward to seeing it :)

Attachments

• mad300zx (Medium).jpg
    mad300zx (Medium).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 85
Hi leigh,
I remember one night about 9 months ago during a very late night chat you telling me a few details of you're plans and I wanted first dibs on the pics.
don't forget me!!! Keep up the good work:) . And to everyone else ,Leigh is an extremely talented artist from a couple of drawings i've seen.

Hope your project is a major success,

Mick.

mick daniels said:
Hi leigh,
I remember one night about 9 months ago during a very late night chat you telling me a few details of you're plans and I wanted first dibs on the pics.
don't forget me!!! Keep up the good work:) . And to everyone else ,Leigh is an extremely talented artist from a couple of drawings i've seen.

Hope your project is a major success,

Mick.
Alright Mick! How's tricks mate? :D It's weird to think it's actually all coming together! (and I won't forget ;) :D).

Your too kind about the drawings bud, too kind (but thanks! :D). To be honest I've been thinking for a while now that I might be able to combine my two loves of cars and art: bespoke sketches and paintings of members' Zeds...(or any other car for that matter!) just not sure if there would be enough interest though...Now my health seems to be on the up and up (touchwood) and I've actually been physically able to get stuck into some work again, it would be a good time to do it...maybe a project for the start of the New Year...hmmmmm... ;)

MattDaKav said:
Nice one mate! :D

I just wanna know where that VG30DETT's gone! :cool:
No-where just yet! :D But quite possible it'll end up going to a very nice chap from Holland who has expressed a possible interest. Apparently good ones are quite scarce over there!

friday: Get some photos of your work in the gallery! Sure we'd all be interested to see :)

I wanted first dibs on the pics.
Err hang on a moment

Read the small print, when you sign up as members, its in the rules that all decent and interesting car builds have to be featured in the magazine first-- so send plenty of photo's, to me --- the editor (dont forget a few portrait shots for a possible cover)

Hi guys, just a quick hello from me as well! We'll both be trying to attend a lot of the meets next year, particularly when the Z is finished and on the road...and it's nice to know there are a few more ladies over here! :)

Lucie x

Hi Leigh, hi Lucie, hope you are both doing well :)
Look forward to seeing you both (and the Z - really looking forward to that!) at some meets in the New Year. Till then, have a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year you guys.

Peach said:
Hi Leigh, hi Lucie, hope you are both doing well :)
Look forward to seeing you both (and the Z - really looking forward to that!) at some meets in the New Year. Till then, have a great Christmas, and a Happy New Year you guys.
Cheers matey! Hope you have a good Xmas and New Year as well! It's been a while since we saw you at JAE and it would be crackin' to meet up with you, Chunk, Sarge and the rest of the Midlands "posse" of Zedders ;) (still haven't seen your new SWB in the flesh yet!)

Leigh & Lucie :)

Kitty: are you a joint member with someone? If so let me know (pm maybe best) and I'll sort you out.

Thanks

Russ said:
Kitty: are you a joint member with someone? If so let me know (pm maybe best) and I'll sort you out.

Thanks
Yup, Lucie's a joint member with me Russ! ;)

Kitty said:
^^Awww...I thought being a joint member would mean I'd get the orange title treatment to...:( ;)^^
There you go shame you called it orange as its meant to be gold:eek:

Friday if we wait for Russ to do it it will take another two hours:rolleyes: :D

Russ said:
friday: Get some photos of your work in the gallery! Sure we'd all be interested to see :)
I've bunged a few bits and pieces up in the gallery now, both finished and unfinished stuff...basically what was on my hard drive rather there and then (saved me routing through the archives! ;) )

Leigh.

Back