Drag Challenge Round 3 - JapShow Santa Pod 18/19th June

Mr.F

Inactive
JapShow 2011 - Sunday 19th June at Santa Pod Raceway
JapShow Finale Test Day - Saturday 18th June

Z Club Drag Challenge to be timed on both days. The Saturday will be a normal Run What Ya Brung and £25 for unlimited track time. The Sunday will be £20 for four runs and limited track time due to other events on the day.

I need firm commitment for this one as I will be issuing paddock passes for display and competing cars. I have pre-booked space for 15 cars. If we go over this, I need to know before the end of this month to increase the space required. Call or PM your details - I will send out passes (these are NOT entry tickets - you have to buy your own!) during the first week in June.

A weekend ticket paid at the gate will be £25 per person (in Japanese cars only). £10 Saturday only; £15 Sunday only. Spectators in non-Japanese vehicles will be charged a premium...
Advance tickets available at http://www.japshow.co.uk

From the JapShow web site :

1pt.gif
What's on at JapShow 2011

Run What Ya Brung Competition:
Get your car or bike on the famous track and see what it can do!
1pt.gif

1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Jap Drag Series: Championship Drag Racing for Europe's fastest Jap drag cars. Witness 7 second, 1,000 bhp pro cars in action with thrilling racing across 4 classes.
1pt.gif
Full Details and list of competitors at www.japdragseries.co.uk.

1pt.gif

Show Car Paddock: Whether you've got a classic or modified Jap show car, if it's something special, make sure you enter it into the Show Car Paddock. Don't leave it in the main carpark where no-one will see it, get into the show and get noticed!
The Show Car Paddock is FREE to enter, and there are trophies for the Top 5 Cars plus best Retro. There's no need to pre-enter, simply turn up, park up, sign up and shine up!

1pt.gif

Club Displays/Camping: Club display and camping areas are available on a first-come-first-served basis. For booking enquires call 01234 782828, the first clubs to book get pitch priority, discounts available on large group bookings. View further info on the Clubs page.

1pt.gif

Jet Car: 10,000 bhp. 336mph. 20,000rpm. 5-second quarter-mile times. These figures sound like pure fantasy, but the Fireforce Jet Car makes them a shocking reality. Don’t miss this car out on track, but don’t worry, you’ll know its coming when you hear the air being torn apart by the massive turbine engine.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
Japanese Bikes: JapShow also welcomes two wheeled Japanese machinery with a RWYB Bike class and a Show & Shine Bike trophy being awarded. Also look out for some drag bike demos on the track.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
Drift Rides: Some of the country's top drifters will be giving people the opportunity to experience the sideways driving, tyre smoking art of drifting with Drift Rides on Saturday and Sunday.
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
Stunt Displays: Top international stunt driver Terry Grant will be at JapShow to entertain and astound you with awesome stunts and exquisite car control.
1pt.gif

1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif

Handling Track: A tight handling circuit will be ready for you to test your driving skills not just your cars power. So if you've got a Micra or a Starlet and are afraid of the big-boys on the dragstrip then show ‘em your heels on the handling circuit! The driver with the fastest time gets a trophy.

1pt.gif

1pt.gif

1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
Off Track: As well as the car action, there will be Traders selling everything from ICE to performance parts, Fun Fair Rides and arcades, Helicopter Rides and loads more.
There are licenced bars and caterers on site selling food and drink to suit all tastes and there is a cash machine in the Pod Shop.

1pt.gif

1pt.gif
2 Seater Dragster: For the ultimate thrill ride, the 7 second Santa Pod 2 Seater Dragster will be running at JapShow on Sunday with passenger rides available for £300.

1pt.gif

Mobile Dyno: The Rapid GB Dyno will be at JapShow, allowing anyone to get a full power and torque readout and some tuning advice from the experts using some of the latest and most accurate mobile dyno kit available.
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
Radio Controlled Cars: A variety of 1/10th scale electric radio controlled Japanese cars including drift cars will be racing on a special track where the public will be able to test their skills along with the experts.

1pt.gif

1pt.gif
1pt.gif
1pt.gif
Evening Entertainment: Weekend ticket holders not only get to make the most of two days of Run What Ya Brung but can also enjoy evening entertainment in Fuelers bar on Saturday night along with free camping, licenced bar & caterers and a lap dance club.

All being well I will be there on Saturday. If there is some interest in having a BBQ and camping weekend then I will see if I can do both days.

£300 for a passenger ride?????

Either way, I'm in Spain so wont make it sorry! Look forward to coming along to one of these sometime though!

If you could only make one day, which is the best day to come on?

I can't justify going on both days but could make one of them.

If you want to run your car on the track in relative peace and quiet, then do the Saturday. If you want to see the full pizzazz and some real Japanese based drag cars do their thing in full competition, then come Sunday. If you run your car on the Sunday, expect to spend a lot of time sitting in the fire-up road...

I'll be down on the Saturday one way or another - whether it's in the V8 or not i won't even guess yet until i've had a better look this weekend but count me in.

Hi guys, I know i dont post on here much but Im a mod over at Nissanspotz.com. Im looking at getting the 350z/370z/GT-R guys down to japshow for a meet and It would be great if we could combine forces on this one??

Check out the thread on nissansportz as its the more the merrier!

JAPSHOW meet? - nissansportz

Thanks guys.

Sorry buddy

Can't make this date, but give me a yell for all dates after July 01.

I'm in then. hopefully. {if she lets me}

I now have the 15 paddock passes required for Club entry, so need your firm commitment on this one right away!

Unless there is a global disaster and the world ends I will be attending as usual. Do the cars going on track need passes before we get there?

Do the cars going on track need passes before we get there?

Without a Club pass you will be in the (Japanese) public parking on the wrong side of the track. I aim to post the passes out to those who commit to attend, either to run in the Challenge and/or to display a Z in the Club area.

I'll be there buddy, do we need to be going both days as i don't think i'll be free for both

Depends if you have a car to run in the Challenge. If yes, then do the Saturday. If display only then another Z on the Sunday would be preferred!

I have eight passes booked for one day or the other (or both for some). Some will be taken up by the 350Z Clubs if I don't hear from others soon...

Back