Classic Z register

tali

Well-Known Forum User
Classic Z register- any members also with them? is there any rivalry between the 2 clubs?
Also find it odd that Classic Z register exclude any ZX - don't think they need to stick that strictly to their name? -it's just a X that's the difference - although admittedely the ZXs are really more cruisers than sportsers - but Z32 muddys the waters somewhat
Were the 280 /300 z31/z32 ever included at any time in the Classic Z register?
Any info /history appreciated

I think there was a bit of rivalry at some time, only Classic shape Zeds are allowed eg 240z 260z in the uk I think. someone will put me right..

I think there was a bit of rivalry at some time, only Classic shape Zeds are allowed eg 240z 260z in the uk I think. someone will put me right..

The Classic Z Register where/are mostly a bunch of snobs (clicky) & have only ever accepted early Z cars, the Z club is totally different, it has a fantastic crowd of people from all over the country/world who have Z cars in there blood what ever the model, it is a great place to be. :thumbs:

I think the classic Z-register have done a fantasic job promoting the Z,

and all credit to any one who runs a club. Its a lot of work....

Setting petty personal issues aside and how some contacts were made or kept (one should believe in the result justifies the means) then I agree with you.

Strange that Nissan (always seeming to want to sell the newer car) always had such a closer relationship with a club dedicated to obsolete cars.........

and I wonder if now, The Classic Z Register were always right.....:blush:.......ducks to avoid low flying objects hurled.....

And the Z Club hasn't

Agree with you there

Although they are meant to be a club catering for the standard s30 they dodged all the ZXs but now cater for 350Z and have had skylines on their stands even though I have a letter when I joined them saying my 280Zx would never be allowed on their stand

Although they are meant to be a club catering for the standard s30 they dodged all the ZXs but now cater for 350Z and have had skylines on their stands even though I have a letter when I joined them saying my 280Zx would never be allowed on their stand

Setting petty personal issues aside and how some contacts were made or kept (one should believe in the result justifies the means) then I agree with you.

Strange that Nissan (always seeming to want to sell the newer car) always had such a closer relationship with a club dedicated to obsolete cars.....

Maybe they hung out 'til Nissan began selling another car 'in the same vein' - I seem to remember the NEC '92 when we had a pristine red 240Z and Z32 on our stand and just behind was a yellow/black rallye Z and a stand reeking of Nissans' money..........

With Nissan it appeared to be an active event (ours) would have some support whereas anything 'prestigeous' went the Registers' way - all very frustrating but 17 years ago now.............:p

i didnt mean the zclub havent done a super job.Sorry :)
and do they include the 350z? if so whats the point?
Anyway I havent had any contackt with them for zillon years ,except John Newlyn who acually did happen visiting me in Norway some years ago.
Is Lynn still active?
The Norwegian club is dead, because in the end it was all me, and when i moved there was no one to take over.
same happend in sweden, when Thomas finally had enough it was the end for that to.
We have some posting on the norwegain 200sx forum, but the club is not active .

So ZCLUB members give those who run the club a hand,and not least thank them for the work they do!

Hey Jan, we have a few members from Scandinavia flying the flag for the arctic circle. If you join the club via paypal (it really is very cheap!) then you can read all about some of their antics in the club magazine (click the magazine button on the homepage). It's not the same thing as having a club from a particular country but we try to represent as much of the planet as we can (as long as peeps from non-UK countries want to join in). We're all here for the same reason so to get stories from all over the world is what we want. Join in if you want!

I was a member from the beginning but a couple of years ago I decided to finish with it due to poor quality mag & forum/web site.
I decided to stay with THE best.

Their site wouldn't let me post, it was crap.:(

So all you want is to be heard - never mind the content ? Christ, that's sad - I think I'll go grow a moustache !

jcf - if a club dies because one person stops........then it never was a club ! How ever much it might hurt our pride (and I don't refer to you here), Zs go on with or without us - thankfully.

I still reckon I got (and still get) more out of my Z and the relationships she's generated than any other event in my life - now THAT's sad :eek: !

How did the cosy relationship with Nissan Datsun? UK form - as it seems the Classic Z register got the best of the Zs ?
It appears they are very anti-zx?
Agree website is lousy but some of the content is v intresting

Back