280zx project covered by Classic Car Buyer magazine

Jason B

Forum User
Hello everyone,

Having bought a 2 seater 280zx this weekend i just writing to introduce myself.
I am a member if staff at Kelsey Publishing, one of the largest Uk motoring publishers and will be keeping everyone updated on my project 280zx with regular installments.

It was an interesting 700 mile round trip to Scotland in picking up the car and I look forward to pushing the Z to forefront of our readership.

Im sure ill need a lot of advise and help throughout the project and I look forward to everyones feedback.

Jason Baker
Classic Car Buyer
Classic Car Mart
Classic Car World
Car Mechanics Magazine

Welcome to KELSEY Publishing Online

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Congrats on a brave move when everyone is talking about Zs !

Advice will be abundant if requested and The Club is plugged;) - first photos ?

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Nice one....Look forward to reading about it!
When will it first appear in the magazine?

zcarz

Active Forum User
Welcome Jason.
I have some spares for a 280zx coupe. If i can be of any help send me a PM.

Jason B

Forum User
Thanks for the speedy replies guys.

I'm aiming to get something typed up over the next few weeks introducing the car as a staff car. I am more than happy to plug this club. I get the impression than between you all there is nothing that cant be answered and no part that cant be sourced. Great to see such an active club scene.

Actually whilst its on my mind, my first hurdle is...........

Are the tailgates from a 2+2 and 2 seater the same?

This will help me determine if i replace i repair the current one.

Thanks again.

AndyMinto

Inactive
Jason,
Welcome and I am looking forwards to the articles. Nice to see that you've picked on one of the rarest Zeds around as a project.

Jason B

Forum User
Hi Andy,

I know their a rare old beast but exactly how rare are they? This was the first one ive seen for sale in long time.

AndyMinto

Inactive
Jason,
I haven't seen any figures for the past couple of years, but the last I saw there were less than 100 on the road. Of course there may be loads hidden away in garages and barns but I somehow doubt it! I have not seen a split between 2 seaters and 2+2s but I believe that there are a lot less 2 seaters around.

Has anyone the latest figures?

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Actually whilst its on my mind, my first hurdle is...........

Are the tailgates from a 2+2 and 2 seater the same?

This will help me determine if i replace i repair the current one.

Thanks again.

A big welcome to they Club

Nope they are different

A good source of unusal bits is held by Mike Feeney aak Mr.F of MJP autos as he bought a batch a few years back and he normally can get any bits that are available

He used to run the Z Club Parts dept many years ago and he has his ear to the ground on most unavailable bits that

Nice to see another 280ZX 2 seater around as In my view they are the best of them all but hey I would say that as I have one

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I've had two and still have a nice tailgate and know of some more nice (new I think panels) on sale from a friend south of Paris (closer to London than Glasgow.......).

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
There you go guys Jason B s car

front4.jpg

JK240

Club Member
"Got to go due to 260Z project"

Maybe this is gonna make the magazine instead?

Last edited by a moderator: