240z rally car

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone just found this on the net www.ClassiccarGarage.nl has anyone else seen it? Opinions please, price 22,500 euro's or has it been discussed before? click on post 1945 its the 5th car down the list:driving:

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hi everyone just found this on the net www.ClassiccarGarage.nl has anyone else seen it? Opinions please, price 22,500 euro's or has it been discussed before? click on post 1945 its the 5th car down the list:driving:

A very well presened advert :bow:.It gives the impression that you too can have a rally car like this for 22K!!:rolleyes:
what did you want to know about the car.???
the pictures are of the car as sold before the rally work began.
It looks a bit different now.
Goes well too;)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
A bit low for a rally car...saggy at the rear, no roll-cage, 280Z front valence : a bit of a tribute version in my view.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
And similarly which part of the advert didnt you understand

240 Z Sport was recently sold by Altena Classic Service

so let me summarize... specially for you.

the car used to look like the pictures.;)
Thay sold it (at 22K) and the buyer had it converted to rally car spec.:thumbs:
So its not for sale now.:rolleyes:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Pete - It's quite simple :

thread is entitled :
240z rally car

Advert is entitled :
Datsun 240 Z rally car, 1972 (RHD)

Description within advert lists :

black rally interior.
Rally prepared!

If it is a rally, prepared car - where are the trappings ?

And if (as you imply) they've been fitted since these photos - wtf doesn't the person selling the car put more recent photos up to enhance its' customer attraction ?

And YOU say "A very well presened advert .It gives the impression that you too can have a rally car like this for 22K!!"

Are you there implying that it's not an honest advert ?

Sniff that Vicks in your shirt pocket and come clean...........

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Pete - It's quite simple :

thread is entitled :
240z rally car

Advert is entitled :
Datsun 240 Z rally car, 1972 (RHD)

Description within advert lists :

black rally interior.
Rally prepared!

If it is a rally, prepared car - where are the trappings ?

And if (as you imply) they've been fitted since these photos - wtf doesn't the person selling the car put more recent photos up to enhance its' customer attraction ?

And YOU say "A very well presened advert .It gives the impression that you too can have a rally car like this for 22K!!"

Are you there implying that it's not an honest advert ?

Sniff that Vicks in your shirt pocket and come clean...........

OK!
i have just drawn a deep breath...
Let me repeat myself. for the sake of clarity.

Quote:
240 Z Sport was recently sold by Altena Classic Service

Then the owner had altena convert it to rally spec.

So the car at 22K as pictured is sold .
its now a proper(ish) rally car.work carried out by altena to client specifiaction.
Its now not for sale cos the bloke who owns it is rallying in it:thumbs:

Sometimes you are just hard work Sean.:smash: I hope you are pretending to be thick and arent really that thick that you dont get what this advert is all about.:rolleyes:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
the pictures are of the car as sold before the rally work began.
It looks a bit different now.

You speak with the advantage of inside info friend - I know not that the car has been sold since the ad nor that it was up for sale as a rally car but has become a rally since..........

you weren't clear and you know me, I'll beat the blood out of a stone...........

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
You speak with the advantage of inside info friend I know not that the car has been sold since the ad nor that it was up for sale as a rally car but has become a rally since..........

you weren't clear and you know me, I'll beat the blood out of a stone...........

What makes yo say that???
ALL the info I have quoted is copy n pasted direct from their website advert.
For the third and FINAL time the text in the advert says..."240 Z Sport was recently sold by Altena Classic Service "
So its NOT for sale now is it????:confused:
You just failed to understand what the advert is really all about.:smash:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I read this in the sales information :

The beautiful lines were drawn by Graf Albrecht Goerz who was also responsible for the magnificent design of the BMW 507...........and this :

Datsun 240 Z rally car, year 1972. Colour red with a black rally interior. This tremendous Datsun 240 Z is in very good to excellent condition. This 240 Z drives and sounds fantastic! The car is right hand driven (RHD). The automobile was extensively rally prepared and fitted with everything needed to participate in demanding rallies. In the photographs you see the suspension in (low) street adjustment. The special suspension can be adjusted higher in a few minutes. The new owner (buyer) will get an interesting bonus: a guaranteed entry to the Outback Challenge which will be held in Australia in the year 2011!

That states that the car at €22500 is (because it's still listed) or 'was' if you prefer being sold (at that price) "extensively rally prepared and fitted with everything needed to participate in demanding rallies'' !

I didn't read "...240 Z Sport was recently sold by Altena Classic Service " !

YOU imply that the work was undertaken after the sale, ok but clearly in the photos where it is still listed for sale, even the most rudimentary rallye equipment is missing.........

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Well it might be a totally different car to the one im thinking about.?? maybe Im just old dazed and confuzed.:confused:
So lets call it quits then.:D

EDIT... I am confuzed. the pictures are of a LHD car???
But the advert is for a RHD car.
So just forget all I said cos the car I might have been getting confused about was LHD.
LOL!!!
Ill get me coat

Last edited by a moderator:

kev64

Well-Known Forum User
Hey guys,i just presumed it had been for sale a while as i found it on google and we all know some of the information is soo old, but the ad was updated yesterday, anyway i sort of like it the front end with the spotlights sunk back has a sort of mad max look about it!!! Or maybe its just me?!!:thumbs:

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Well it might be a totally different car to the one im thinking about.?? maybe Im just old dazed and confuzed.:confused:
So lets call it quits then.:D

EDIT... I am confuzed. the pictures are of a LHD car???
But the advert is for a RHD car.
So just forget all I said cos the car I might have been getting confused about was LHD.
LOL!!!
Ill get me coat
Just kiss my **** on the way out dear - little peck on the cheek !:D

The photos are off a RHD car - wtf car are YOU looking at ?

..................... but the ad was updated yesterday !
So it IS being sold as a fully prepared, ready to go rally Z ? :confused:

Someone else help please - fresh BLOOD !:devil: