Z's at Mt Panorama, Bathurst

zed660

Forum User
Over the Easter weekend a Festival of Sports Cars event was held at Mt Panorama, Bathurst, west of Sydney.

Although we had a bit of rain over the weekend we still managed to get in a few dry laps over the three days. As well as normal Group S and Marque Sports Car races, several of us Z owners competed in Regularity which enabled us to run at near race speed without actually racing :thumbs:. The track is awesome and I suppose is the closest thing we would get to the Nurburgring, albiet a bit shorter at 6.2kms.

I have attached a couple of pics and a youtube link (sorry about a bit of vibration) to give you an idea what it was like.
YouTube - Datsun 260Z FOSC Bathurst 2009

Attachments

• Resize of IMG_1718.JPG
    Resize of IMG_1718.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Resize of Resize of IMG_3195.JPG
    Resize of Resize of IMG_3195.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Resize of NJW_4084.JPG
    Resize of NJW_4084.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20090412_fosc_NJW_4015.jpg
    20090412_fosc_NJW_4015.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 27
FANTASTIC, your car sounds exactly like mine, YouTube - Le Mans lap in a 240Z are you running tripples or SUs?
I have a new clutch and gearbox now by the way!

Your driving style is lovely and smooth and you appear to know the circuit very well.:bow: Your car is very stable too.

Good fun these old Datsuns aren't they?

My lad was at the Nurburgring last week and wants us to take my Datsun there.

I am running triple 45's on a mild 2.8. It was my first time at the track, but it is nice and flowing circuit and great fun to drive in a Z especially when they are set up.
Loved the Le Mans footage! Nurburgring was be fantastic>

Thats awesome. I'm jealous, just wish i had the talent and the opportunity to drive like that.:thumbs:

Great photos and video, great driving, I miss the track days I just have to get back out there soon, it's driving me Mad!!

Great track, great driver, great sound, I always enjoy seeing touring cars racing down the "Double double Corkscrew" Just brilliant.

Back