Zg arches

Craig_260

Well-Known Forum User
hey guys i want to fit some zg arches to my z but i have some slot mags and dont want to change them as i really like them could i just stick a wheel spacer on and get the same effect of poking the wheel further out or would it not be enough?

hey guys i want to fit some zg arches to my z but i have some slot mags and dont want to change them as i really like them could i just stick a wheel spacer on and get the same effect of poking the wheel further out or would it not be enough?

You would need at least 1.5" spacers to really start filling those ZG arches. And 30mm spacers are going to stress the bearings and create havoc on the handling.

TBH you might as well spend a few bob more and get some 8 or 9J X 15 rims with zero or negative offset.

Rota do cheap imitations of popular JDM styles and its about £450-500 a set without tyres.

Add another 200 notes for tyres mind...:smash:

yeah ive seen some by Rota with -8 offset so those would be good just cant afford them maybe a project for the future then after i can save for better wheels

cheers for the info dude

Seems a bit '**** about face' to me.

Fitting arches and then wondering how to fill them.

Oh well, that's just me being practical again.

There's someone on the Driftworks forums selling some slot mags really cheap, 15x8.5J -23 et if I remember right. Perfect specs for ZG flares!

[EDIT] here's the link

Wolfrace Slot, 15x8,5 ET -23, 4x114.3

Hmm think very carefully. What look are you after ? IMHO slotmags do not work with ZG flares:eek:. Slots are 70's period accessory used on non flared zeds whereas the ZG flares are effectively a JDM design which works with other deep dish style wheels.

I recall some samuri's had a plastic G nose and ZG style arches ( although they were smoothed in) and ran slots...perhaps hunt those pics down and see if that is what you want your car to look like.

In fact an ex member (Rob??) who has now swapped his car for a saab had exactly this combo...check out his gallery and see what slots + ZG flares look like and then decide..;)

I am not having a "pop" Hollowpoint, just trying to assist a fellow forum user:smash::D

All the above is IMHO ...

You're right to ask the question here first.

Datsfun is spot on as far as I'm concerned and therefor talks sense.:D

They are 2 different looks. Just spacing smaller wheels will also make the car look somewhat gangly....you need the max width available to complete the look.

I have ZG arches and they will require the wings to be cut and welded on the rear (inner and outer arch together)

Back