Zed Fest 06

Arkwright

Inactive
ZED-FEST 06

Formerly known as Swapmeet ZED-FEST 06 will be held on Saturday and Sunday 9th & 10th September at the JG Dog Sanctuary, Warsop Lane, (B6020) Blidworth, Mansfield Notts. NG21 0PG

For those who do not know, the venue is a very secure almost level field of about 1.5 acres surrounded by a 6 ft high chain link fence with padlocked gate and no direct road access. Access is suitable for vans, caravans etc. It is regularly mowed and rolled and is more like a lawn, ok for modified/ lowered vehicles. This year we have the use of a large marquee. DJZ is providing suitable music during the event. A suggestion has been made that the musicians amongst us may like to do some impromptu jamming during the evening.

A BBQ will be available on Saturday night and if numbers are high enough I will arrange a hog roast. A cooked breakfast and lunch time BBQ for Sunday.

To carry on the vein of Swapmeet a free auto jumble will be available for those who have surplus parts to sell on.

Z related traders are more than welcome and a small charge will be made of £10 for a trade stand. (no restriction on size).

Show day will be Sunday and trophies awarded for the best cars in each marque and best in show.

This is being circulated to all Z related sites and you are all invited irrespective of whether or not you are Z club members. With your help this could be the biggest meeting of Z cars in the U.K. If sufficient clubs attend I will arrange a small inter club sports challenge such as tyre rolling, chuck the starter, car pull etc. Any ideas welcome. (not catching the javelin or heading the shot)!

There will be an entry fee of £2 per car for the whole or part weekend. A modest charge will be made for the food. Camping is free.

Toilet and washing facilities are available and are clean but basic (no showers).

There are B&B’s available (about 10 mins drive)

Further information / entries to Derek Sulley e-mail; shop@zclub.net

I'll be there for saturday night BBQ, camp over and the show on Sunday :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Derek,

this is something we may be interestd in - unfortunately i'm away on holiday but my partner Colin and his better half may be able to take the trade stand down there. i'll get in touch with him and let you know either way...

cheers,

Michael.

Cheers Madhammster:D

We need an idea of numbers for The Hammster to be able to cater for us, lets us know if you can make it

Really sorry but we can't make that weekend which is a real shame as is it so close to home. Good luck to all those that cross the border.

Oh God, Chris will get to see your car in the flesh then, that will be it...........

Back