z31 paint job

Ajredpath

Forum User
Hi just wondering if you could help me make a decision. I am restoring a Nissan 300zx (z31) and getting close to spraying her. It is currently red but I really like the idea of changing it to green and black (see photos red is her now and the other us what I like) if I change it do u think I will ruin her as a classic I plan on keeping her but if sold in the future to start a new project do you think paint would put others off thanks in advanve (my first restoration car)

Attachments

• FB_20150602_10_33_02_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150602_10_33_02_Saved_Picture.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 25
  • FB_20150602_10_43_22_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20150602_10_43_22_Saved_Picture.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26
Think you are looking at two different markets, if you want to restore it and sell it as a classic car then keeping it all original would be the best way to go. If you are modifying it for performance then buyers are more likely to be drifting types and would go for the louder colours.
Think the bonnet in the second picture is the lightweight after market one - think its carbon fibre or similar hence the flat black finish of the material.
Good luck which ever way you go.
cheers

Be classis and do red with a black bonnet.......it'll suit the rest of the car which'll be red around the doors, under the bonnet etc I suppose ?

IMHO, Defo not green! The red is way cooler and suits the character of the car better.

Also completely agree with Sean, you'll forever be annoyed at the red bits poking through; be they under bonnet or stone chips taking the green layer off.

Back