Z / ZX weekend July 2008

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I'm not a member of the other Z/ZX forums in the UK and would appreciate this being diffused on their forums too please.

I've just started planning a Z/ZX weekend near Clermont Ferrand (France:rolleyes: ) for July next year.

The weekend will be simple, a tour around the volcanic moutains on Saturday and something not too busy on Sunday. Accomodation will hopefull be provided by chalets/mobile homes, small hotels and/or camping.

People will of course be very welcome to make a week or more of it.

http://www.auvergne-tourisme.info/uk/index2.php

I'm visiting the area in September and will give more details asap in the meantime.

If it works, there are two circuits nearby (Issoire and Charade) and there is an idea to hire one of these in 2009 if enough numbers warrant.

http://www.charade.fr/data/model.htm

http://www.ceerta.com/asphalte-eng.htm

But first of all a venue, inexpensive, agreeable and plenty of people and cars. I'm in good contact with the French 300ZX club and French 350Z club.

This will be the first French multi-Z/ZX club meeting ever - JAE and Billing began like this............

Sean!! Back with a vengence!! :thumbs:
What a great idea, especially after the very successful french visit in June :bow:
I will express my interest now and barring the usual unforseens, I will be there too!! ;)

It's not 'all' my idea...we here need a place which is more or less equi-distant from most 'enclaves' of Zs, with easy travelling (M-ways) and a little nice scenery and great 'dégustation' wouldn't go amiss.

Good company garanteed as per usual - maybe scope for people to RyanAir or whatever down and hire cars......?

But Zs ARE for driving !

Welcome aboard Rob - but which car ?

SeanDezart said:
It's not 'all' my idea...we here need a place which is more or less equi-distant from most 'enclaves' of Zs, with easy travelling (M-ways) and a little nice scenery and great 'dégustation' wouldn't go amiss.

Good company garanteed as per usual - maybe scope for people to RyanAir or whatever down and hire cars......?

But Zs ARE for driving !

Welcome aboard Rob - but which car ?

Cheers Sean! I will have to see which - if any - cars I will have then!!:eek:
Change of job at the moment may mean I will have to consider selling either - or both - Z's. One is possible, but 2 would mean drastic measures and I can't envisgae this at present...:confused:

I'd be interested in this too, seeing as I missed the le mans this year.

However, it must not clash with JAE or Billing. :)

Hi,
Sounds good!...missed the meeting in France this year as we were already over in Brittany on holiday!
The only problem could be that July can get a bit congested with other events, such as already mentioned.

Pernod !

When is Billing and JAE next year then ?

What it mustn't clach with is Le Mans Clasic - 11/12/13th July, the weekend before or

So, we need the whole month off ?

But here's the crunch - over here we're offering you the opportunity to race around 13.5kms of the most famous race circuit in the world AND drive through some of the best countryside in France AND eat/drink well, paying less for your petrol, getting a suntan AND making new friends.

Against that you want to park up, drink tepid John Smiths' whilst watching your tent slowly sink into the mire...

No contest really - see you all another time then !

SeanDezart said:
paying less for your petrol, !

Yet using a hell of a lot more of it to get there.

Billing and JAE are kind of like the backbone of the British Japanese car scene, and Billing is the usual venue for the Zclub AGM.

I don't mean to squash your idea, I just think the timing is a bit awkward for many. But it is a great idea.

Billing was only the weekend before JAE this year because that was the only weekend available at Billing - I don't think the club would want it that close again (only made the exception this year as it was our 30th)

Chris and are going to be coming over for the Le Mans Classic - so the weekend after would suit us:rolleyes: :eek: ;) :D

Sounds like a great idea. Dunno what my Le Mans plans are for 2008 are at this stage (I pushed my luck a bit by going for six days this year!) but please keep us posted on your plans.

Good to see you back too Sean :)

Nidge74 said:
Yet using a hell of a lot more of it to get there.

Billing and JAE are kind of like the backbone of the British Japanese car scene, and Billing is the usual venue for the Zclub AGM.

I don't mean to squash your idea, I just think the timing is a bit awkward for many. But it is a great idea.

I'm only ragging you - maybe a change would do you and others good but Britain isn't quite Europe yet is it........:rolleyes: I'll admit that the aim is to reproduce some of the big US and Jap shows - trying to attract cars from all over Europe. Hence if there is enough interest next year - we'll get us a great circuit for 2009 and have ourselves a super Z track day !

I aint dreaming - look back to '92 ! Charade circuit could cost 50 cars £75 each all day.......

Cars are for driving - not moving through one traffic jam to another but I take your point.

Finally, no date is ever perfect for everyone, I could make it it end of June - what about that ?

Difficult these days trying to outguess the weather.

SeanDezart said:
I'm only ragging you - maybe a change would do you and others good but Britain isn't quite Europe yet is it........:rolleyes:

Which is a good thing.

Otherwise we'd all have learn to drive on the wrong side of the road, eat yucky food (IMO only) :) and learn what all them Euro coins are all about.

hehe

But on a lighter note, I went on a shopping trip to Calais last year, and went to Tesco, Toys 'r' Us and McDonalds. Seemed like a waste of money when I could have done all that within 10 miles of home.

End of July would be good, beginning of August would be even better, but then perhaps I push a bit too far. :)

Nidge74 said:
I went on a shopping trip to Calais last year, and went to Tesco, Toys 'r' Us and McDonalds. Seemed like a waste of money when I could have done all that within 10 miles of home.

End of July would be good, beginning of August would be even better, but then perhaps I push a bit too far. :)

Shame on you for your shopping run - France is just a bit bigger and more interesting than that - hope you didn,'t foget to fill up with euor 98 !

The problem here is that in August, France goes on holiday with their families and so if I want some French Zs present I have to avoid August. June is too dodgy and there is Le Mans, end of July is Billing / JAE or whatever.....

It aint easy !

Nidge74 said:

Hi,
The trouble with end of July and August is the cost of ferry crossings and accomodation, as you're into school holiday time over here too!

Back