Z Club Drag Challenge Round 5 4th September

Mr.F

Inactive
Today was the first of our double-header Round 5 with Round 5A being at North Weald tomorrow (5th Sept). Saturday at the Pod was day one of a VW weekend, so the place was heaving already and the track was populated with a strange mix of VWs and Classic Americana. Busy and with lots to interest.
Modest Z Club turnout - hope tomorrow in Essex will attract a few more as it also coincides with my S.E.K.Z. Group local meeting.

Results from today at the Pod:

Class 1: Steve Kiddell 240Z 13.0368 @ 105.4 mph

Class 5: Rob Smith 12.8456 @ 115.06 - another personal best and raising the Z32 Class 5 bar a tad higher!
Paul Hopkinson 13.6977 @ 104.19

Spectator:
Nick Tandy
Me

Reaction times leader board for today:

Paul 0.1778 :bow:
Steve 0.2537
Rob 0.4008

Check the Drag Challenge area for the effect on the Championship - results up shortly.

See you all 8-30am sharp in the morning at North Weald Aerodrome for Round 5A!

I became a granddad yesterday so not a bad time for an old pair the car and me that is. Plenty of newer expensive motors being seen in the rear-view mirror at the end of the runs

Sorry I couldn't make it Mike, been playing engine swaps.

I'll be at north weald tomorrow though.

i'll be there, be interesting to see what a different track surface does, got my crash hat do we need d/licence?

i'll be there, be interesting to see what a different track surface does, got my crash hat do we need d/licence?
Yep and be sure to tell the officials there you are heading for the official Z area within the pits that mike has arranged or you will be directed to the public car park

Hall of Fame updated and attached showing Rob Smith creeping further up the leader board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back