Z Club Drag Challenge Rain-off Contingency Round - Santa Pod 28th October

Mr.F

Inactive
As we lost two rounds earlier in the year due to freak weather conditions, the Rain-off Contingency Round has been reinstated.
Unfortunately, activity this month has been thick and fast, so I'm unable to attend to officiate. Z Club member Diana Hopkinson has kindly offered to deputise and will be your official at this final round of the season.

The date is next Sunday, 28th October and rules will be the same as usual for Santa Pod this year - fastest in class, reaction time table and attendance points.

Have fun guys, see you at next years events - away up North this weekend, and my clutch is slipping like a goodun... Already got my winter projects lined up.....:)

Look forward to pics and commentary.

Wyn, hope your clutch is sorted and you can give it some welly!

A much better day than expected. Didn't rush to get there after the delayed start of last Sunday. Arrived just after 10 to find the racing had been underway for a while. I didn't expect to see any action due to the weather so didn't bother warming the nitrous bottle. Did the first 3 runs with Matt holding the bottle in the stands. On my second run it really hooked up and to my surprise ran an 11.6 @ 119mph. Best so far without nos. managed to warm the bottle ready for the afternoon session only have then faff around for an hour untill it stated to rain. Managed one more run but only ran an 11.9. Was hoping to end the season with a sub 11.5 but it was not to be. Roll on next year.

They certainly worked off the line, caught me napping as I tried to catch a red 260.

A little too sticky ...... perhaps ?

Nope you beat me ....... yet again ..... by a mile :p :D

I only got one run in due to the weather, dinner (extended) break (and me getting there later to avoid the rain)
Shame as I was looking forwards to a few more runs esp with me new rubbers :thumbs:

Still always next year :driving:

ps, john .. atleast my car got more pics then yours ;)

Hi Mike, Slow running and very cold day at the Pod, but did not slow John down. So from the top
Class 7
John Palmer 11.6986 at 119.60
Wynn Freeman 13.2509 at 104.08

Class 5
Paul Hopkinson 13.7572 at 104.21 .

Reaction times
Wynn 0.3696,
Paul 0.4264 ,
John 0.4847.

Spectator
300ZX Graeme (Rustysills).

Also Black 350Z ran 15.745 at 96.24.

Hope to see you all next year , if Pauls car passes MOT that is. Thanks again for work you put in running this. If you need a deputy again I am more than willing to help. Regards Diana.

"Many thanks for your help with this meet Diana - hope they weren't too much bother!"
Mr.F

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, Thanks for running this again, I hope to be back next year, your plans for next year look good. Congratulations to John on winning championship. I spent most my time today going sideways down the strip.

Final Championship Positions after Rain-Off Round:

1. John Palmer 180 – Championship Winner 2012
2. Paul Hopkinson 168 – Runner–up and Class 5 Winner
3. Jon Billings 70 – Class 1 Winner
4. Mike Feeney 58 – null and void (I had to be there)
5. Charles Leekam 50 – Class 2/4 Winner
6. Wyn Freeman 46 – Class 7 Winner (step down procedure)
7. Nick Tandy 33
8. Terry Taylor 31
9. George Antoniou 30 – Class 3 Winner
10. Darren Stiles 20
11. Rob Smith 15
12=Eileen Critchley 8
12=Peter MacDonald 8
14. Matt Bannister 8 – Top Spectator
15.Dean Bottriell 6
16=Dean Halsey 4
16=Ian Patmore4
Rest on 2 points each

Congratulations to all winners and a huge thank you to all competitors this season. Let's make 2013 even more competitive and bursting with new cars!

As suggested by Shakespeare scrutineer, Zs next year will have permanent Z prefix numbers to remain the same at all tracks. Assuming that you all want to compete next year, 2012 competitors will receive a Championship related number to stick on your rear screen courtesy of the Z Club, so John P. will run Z01 for 2012, Paul H. Z02 and so on.
I'll let you all know when they are ready.
Competitors from Z11 onwards will be allocated in order as they turn up for events (or let me have a definite commitment for entry).

Thanks Mike for organizing another great year of drag racing and thanks to Diana for organizing yesterday. Should be a good season next year with a few new cars out and some current ones improving. Looking forward to seeing some fast cars.........although not too fast :)

Well I'm inspired to get under 15 sec next year.
I wonder if I can afford a quaife diff over the winter?

Thanks for organising Mike.

Back