Your membership.

300zxmarcus

Well-Known Forum User
just to let you know how i work as membership secretary im going to explain the following just so you know a bit of background.

I receive several renewals everyday, which is great. The cheques I receive get processed in batches and not as and when they come in. I try to lodge cheques at the bank on or around the 1st of the month as i know this is around people pay day.
Conformation of renewals and new card are also sent out on batches along with new members packs, though these require a trip to the post office to send and normally i can only get to the post office on a sat morning with all the giro crew.
This means that if you send in your renewal and it arrives just after ive batched and sent a few, it may mean you stuff through the post may take a bit longer. I know we all would like things through quickly, but this is the way i work at the moment, it may change though if I find a better way.

I work all day have 2 young children so unfortunatley i cant give it all my time, but i do it in my own time because I get a massive satisfaction out of helping the club and its members.

Also just a bit of info from me to u so hopefully you can help me out:

Renewing by cheque does not inform me what your forum name is, so I have to investigate and find out to hopefully keep you name in the red.

renewing by paypal does not inform me who the 2nd members is if your going for a joint membership so I only send 1 card, please let me know if u ant 2 and i will post it off.

If you have any membership questions please call me and il be happy to help, my contact number is 0117 970 2406.

TBH things at the moment dont work as perfect as i would like, due to teething trouble, me learning what i am doing and a rubbish local postal collection service.

Regards

Marcus Rogers
Membership Secretary

ps if you are wondering why im up at 1.23am on a sunday morning im sorting out the cheques ive been sent this week as ive been away on business most of the week and never had time.

Also a not to say that new members packs may not have a zclub sticker in as ive ran out and am awaiting some new ones.

Brilliant post Marcus !

This is just what us plebs need in order to appreciate how things work and not to expect miracles from hard-working volunteers !

Also, the initiative to tell us what you need in order to avoid renewal delays and to help you (in saving time if nothing else) is a great idea !

I wish you well in your new post and congratulate you in taking over the job from someone who's done so well for so long (Steve Kemp).

If I may suggest something, would you consider giving the club (via the mag. and this forum, the occasional update and breakdown of membership, possibly by car models too ?

This not to dramatically increase your work load but just a sharing of info and to keep us all aware of where we stand.

Back