Wiringproblem

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Hello to all!
Finialy i finished my Z.(Photos in my Gallery) Allmost everthing works fine! Ok when the fueltank is full it shows its empty and I allready broke the speedometer cable after a view meters but this will be repaird soon.
My problem is: I cant see how many turns the Engine does. I have two cables on the wiring by the Ignition Coil which are not in use and I think one or both of them have something to do with this. One is Black with a white stripe and the other is green with a white stripe. Can somebody here help me? Where I have to connect them? I thank you.:bow:

I just have to tell it: MY Z IS RUNNING!!!!!!!:thumbs:

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
are you running 280zx electric dizzy/coil or the standard coil/dizzy and ballast resistor

Mr.F

Inactive
If you have made changes to the coil / ballast resistor wiring, you have probably disrupted the inductive loop to the tachometer.
With ballast resistor in place:
BW in and GW out
BW emerging from loom to coil +ve.

Without ballast resistor, BW and GW previously connected to ballast resistor terminals should be joined together to preserve the loop.

If no ballast, you may have used the ballast IN BW to power the coil therefore by-passing the loop...

Amazombi

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks a lot!
I`ll check it out tomorow when I came back to the garage, will make some pics and will try youre advises.
Thanks again, guys!:bow: