Whoopee

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Well after about a year of ownership my 260 just fired in to life again for the first time :cool:, Which came as quite a surprise to me because I've changed just about everything to do with the fuel supply and ignition, I just had to move my new 280 electronic dizzy around a few degree's and walla away she went lol.

It's been off the road now for about 15 years I think of which I'm responsible for the last year of non action, But it appears that all the new MSD stuff works perfectly, All I need now is an exhaust and an M.O.T.

And maybe an interior some better wheels and brakes that actually work lol.

Does anybody know of a set of seat belts that bolt straight in to the old girl ?.

Rob

Sweet! Dunno how warm it is all the way up there but it's a gorgeous day today. Just right for taking it outside and revving it a bit. Good to see you're getting a bit more enjoyment out of her now!

Sweet! Dunno how warm it is all the way up there but it's a gorgeous day today. Just right for taking it outside and revving it a bit. Good to see you're getting a bit more enjoyment out of her now!

Well I might get some enjoyment once it actually moves lol, I have one snag the new fuel gauge mike sold me appears to be a duff, So it looks like I'll have to take the dash out again and build one good unit out of the new and the old.

Rob

If you have the old belts you can get them rewound
I assume they are inertia belts, not that it matters.
I gave up looking for 2nds for me 260 so had the old belts rewound with replacement ribbons
Came back as good as new and now work miles better

If you have the old belts you can get them rewound
I assume they are inertia belts, not that it matters.
I gave up looking for 2nds for me 260 so had the old belts rewound with replacement ribbons
Came back as good as new and now work miles better

I'm afraid all I have is the two bits that the belt plugs into and no reels :(, I can see the main problem in finding new belts is where the shoulder strap bit bolts to, It looks to me like it goes right behind on the rear quarter is that right ?.

Does anybody have any good condition second hand belts to sell ?.

Rob

I'm afraid all I have is the two bits that the belt plugs into and no reels :(, I can see the main problem in finding new belts is where the shoulder strap bit bolts to, It looks to me like it goes right behind on the rear quarter is that right ?.

Rob

I went for brand new, try Securon Seat belts, seatbelt and harnesses manufactured by Securon for all vehicles and motor sport thats where I got my 240 ones from.

Mike

Rob

The ones I got was all completely new, I just posted them the old ones & a brand new set came back.
AND yes they do fit up by the rear quarter if they are static belts.

Sent on approval with reservations...;)

Yes indeed it was an unknown so was as you say sold on approval lol, Well half of it works mate :thumbs::lol:, It's just a bit annoying that I have to take out the dash again to change the blasted thing :(.

Rob

You only have to remove the centre finisher / vent panel and the duct panel behind - you don't have to remove the dash to remove any of the gauges...

You only have to remove the centre finisher / vent panel and the duct panel behind - you don't have to remove the dash to remove any of the gauges...

Yeah I noticed that when I had it half way out lol, I'll stick it back in and try it in situ mate, But I have very big hands :rolleyes:.

Rob

Looks like my car is half 240 again then :(, Has anybody got a picture handy of the 240 and 260 belts fitted ?.

Rob

Right Rob have found a pic on this site of a 2+2 but you get the picture.

240 & early 260's which have static belts bolt up behind the rear quarter
Early 2+2 with static belts also fit in the same place but if you want to fit rear belts like in the pic you can push the blank circle in the recess bellow the rear window.(if you need more belt length you can fit it bellow the window for more length)
This pic is of a reel that bolts down the side & a small belt hangs from the roof to support it.
AND finally late 260 2 seaters that I have seen have a plate on top of the suspension turret to fit the reel onto.
Hope this is of some use.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae110/aexley/TheBack1.jpg You can just see the belts hanging down on this pic.

Attachments

• P5230915.JPG
    P5230915.JPG
    681.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Ex;150341 [URL said:
http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae110/aexley/TheBack1.jpg[/URL] You can just see the belts hanging down on this pic.

Thanks buddy the tail gate picture was very helpful indeed, I can see how they're supposed to be fitted now, I bought a set of securon static belts today with a extension belt just in case I need a bit more length ;).

Rob

Back