Wheel ideas

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
OK Z fans

I looking to change out my -30 offset image wheels for something new

I absolutely love Volks te37's but cant seem to get them in the right size (16 x 8 or 8.5 with a -30 offset in a 4 x 114.3 pattern)

I want to stay with 16s so I can use my existing R888 (225's) which are brand new plus I feel its looks the best fit in the arch

Ive already looked at spacers/adapters, which would be my last resort but I would like to get the "dish" effect rather than the flat look

I would be greatful for any constructive thoughts/ideas

johnymd

Club Member
If I was running arches I'd look for a 10" wheel. Isn't Datsfun selling some Atari racing wheels? 10's would give you the good dish look and give you more choice of offsets.

datsun dave

Club Member
OK Z fans

I looking to change out my -30 offset image wheels for something new

I absolutely love Volks te37's but cant seem to get them in the right size (16 x 8 or 8.5 with a -30 offset in a 4 x 114.3 pattern)

I want to stay with 16s so I can use my existing R888 (225's) which are brand new plus I feel its looks the best fit in the arch

Ive already looked at spacers/adapters, which would be my last resort but I would like to get the "dish" effect rather than the flat look

I would be greatful for any constructive thoughts/ideas

So have you looked at swopping the stub axles for a 5 x 114.3 to run the Volks te37.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
If I was running arches I'd look for a 10" wheel. Isn't Datsfun selling some Atari racing wheels? 10's would give you the good dish look and give you more choice of offsets.

I would like to keep fronts and rears the same

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
So have you looked at swopping the stub axles for a 5 x 114.3 to run the Volks te37.

Yes its piggin expensive :(

I have looked at the cheaper option of hub adapters (4 stud to 5 stud) but dont really want to go there yet plus the offsets for 8 and 8.5 inch wheels seem to be nearly all positive

Last edited by a moderator:

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Also the Volk TE37V is available in 16x9 -20, 225s would have a bit of a stretch depending on the sidewall

datsfun

Club Member

Atara's are available in

15x9 -ve 13 offset. Weight is 8.3kg and

15x10.5 -ve 32 offset . Weight is 9.4 kg

I have run out of the 15x9 and have a few sets of 10.5 available.

Had a few more people ask for the 15x9 so far. Drop me a PM to register interest and depending on numbers I may get another batch in. They are next available at the factory in mid April and will be limited availability.

Staggered sets isn't a problem either :cool:

More info on colours etc ..Link to the advert

http://zclub.net/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5273&title=atara-racing-wheels&cat=7

johnymd

Club Member
Had Volks on both my skylines but for the price I'd go for a copy. Is this the style your set on? You could just have your Image wheels powder coated satin black to transform the look. May do this to my billet centre line's. Wheels are a very personal choice but most will probable agree that you need a wide wheel to fill the arches and give the dish look. 9's are a perfect fit for 225's and 10's are just a slight stretch.

You can order Atara's direct, although when I emailed them I was surprised at the weight, some were about 10kg bare. That seems like a lot of unsprung mass.

datsfun

Club Member
You can order Atara's direct, although when I emailed them I was surprised at the weight, some were about 10kg bare. That seems like a lot of unsprung mass.

I have quoted the "actual packing weight" of each wheel size in an earlier post above.

zNathan

Well-Known Forum User
Rota have some GridV's expected some time in May in 16x9 et0 - basically copies of Volk TE37Vs.

Rarerims.co.uk are a good place to go, great customer service.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
Only the 15 inch Grid Vs are available with negative offsets, they do them in 15x9 -15.

The 16x9 TE37Vs are only about £350 a wheel in Japan, there must be a cheaper way to get them over here!

richiep

Club Member
Only the 15 inch Grid Vs are available with negative offsets, they do them in 15x9 -15.

The 16x9 TE37Vs are only about £350 a wheel in Japan, there must be a cheaper way to get them over here!

£280. TE37Vs, 16x9 et-20. (Obviously plus fees and shipping)

http://www.bidjdm.com/bidding/auction/view/id/b150284599

The description link from the above listing:
http://translate.google.com/transla...e2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b150284599

Listing is for one wheel but you can request multiples after BIN.

They also list 16" in a whole range of other sizes in 0.5" steps.

BidJDM/RHDJapan for the win. :)

atomman

Club Member
don't know what these are called, Rota Grids ?, but they have some dish and I sort of like them, but they do look a bit modern maybe

IMG_3818.jpg