What value?

hobnob

Well-Known Forum User
There is a 280zx 2+2 manual gearbox being sold locally, only one owner from new, 36K on the clock. Only problem is it hasn't been guaraged so a few rust patches that could do with being sorted out. Also has T roof. Can anyone give me a rough idea of value?

Geoff

yeh £200 unseen if its a runner/driver. Little bit more if its a Mark 2 version(which it probably isnt.)
Rip out eng, box n diff.Value around £500 Get the scrapman to take the rest away. Value £0.00

I know it is difficult to put a value on a car without seeing it, just wanted to get some idea. I may suggest placing an ad in the classifieds, then you may get some pictures.

Geoff

then you may get some pictures.
no pictures needed its worth what I initially said( to me )
Sean is about in agreement.
If you are thinking of buying it then you just need to pay what its worth to you.

Don't forget that the difference between the purchase price of 200 and sale price parts - 500 goes towards any purchasers' travel costs, dismantling time and advertising !

Look you two some people still want 280ZXs intact:rolleyes:

Hobnob - put it up in the clasifieds with photos and ask people to make you an offer, not everyone will want it just for parts

pmac said:
Eh??? thats good coming from someone who has just scrapped one:conf2:
:D :D :D :D :D
Only because it was beyond repair - one day I will get another one if the angle grinder hasn't got them all;)

(and when Chris isn't looking:rolleyes: )

I am surprised that the low mileage dosn't make it worth more, but I acknowledge your experience with these cars and thank you for your advice.
Just to help the seller and for my own curiosity what are the differences between a Mk 1 and 2?

Geoff

suzy said:
one day I will get another one if the angle grinder hasn't got them all quote]

So buy this one :)

There you are Pete - you speak of MK1s and MK2s and people believe it !

Hobnob, there are 1979-mid '82 models and mid '82 - 1983 - don't look for anything other sign.
Differences ? Where does one start ?

Hi there the one in your link is a mark two, mark ones had chrome bumpers and no pin striping to the rear lights, also they have a different boonet vent set up

:280Z: that 1 in the link is about 10 mins from my house iv emailed him ill go look at it and report back if he still got it????? cant understand why i didn,t see it on ebay????????????

martin w

i was offered the one on ebay BEFORE it went on ebay.
He wanted £1500 he told me.
I never saw the car.
What some of you need to bear in mind is that people like me only value them as parts cars regardless of condition as we have no interest in restoring them. So an auto whether its late or early only has one saleable item .. the engine. the rest is scrap.
Anyone looking to buy one to restore will have different criteria and different values money wise.
As always tho cars like this one Hobnob knows about are only worth what someone will pay on the day the seller wants to get rid.
Everything else , including my opinion is irrelevant.
And let me be clear i dont want a 280ZX of any description at the moment , even if its free.

Back