What to do with the front.....

netpreference

Well-Known Forum User
I think there was a similar thread recently? The car is almost finished but requires a front spoiler to complete.. I've seen what Z store have to offer but wonder if there's any more choices? The original idea was to fabricate the front but I think it won't be worth the effort seeing whats available off the shelf but I want to retain the 'inwards scoop' and not have anything too flared at the front (if you know what I mean!?)

Here's the story so far...... :eek:

image049.jpg

image048.jpg

image050.jpg

image051.jpg

Needs to be seen in the flesh, but to me it looks like a happy frog :D

Deffo needs a deep frt spoiler imo, inc org us spec wrap round frt ind units

Each to their own tho :)

Hi,

Paint job is looking great.

Are you sure you won't find an off the shelf valance that may suit? I have seen some front deep valances that may be what you are looking for.

First port of call, for me would be to give Mike Feeney from MJP Auto a call (01277 374201) and ask him for some advice. He can supply almost anything from the US at good shipping prices too. He did have a page on his site with some valances, if I recall correctly, but I can't seem to find them now.

When do you think your car will be ready then? Any nice hidden extras under the bonnet? :)

Hi George,

Thanks for the advice, will give him a ring to see what is on offer....

Glad you like it, I've been getting mixed responses when I show the pics, especially the back end which I do admit is not everyones cup of tea as its completely lost the 'classic' 260z look...

It's been with the garage for approx 7 months now and I reckon a couple more left while the body is finalised and the interior retrimmed. As far as under the bonnet goes I've left it stock for now but that will be my next port of call... Love to get something 'meaty' in there but again any advice or suggestions would be welcome!

Dean

Dean,
I've not said anything about a spoiler, as its a personal choice, and it can be quite hard to pick something you like and can live with. I know, as I found something that would have been great, but would not fit without a large amount of work, so I had to choose a second best. Finally Mr F. had something for me, so check out the range he has avail. I met someone who makes the fibreglass spoilers in the UK, and he said the quailty was getting worse as the moulds had been used so much. The ones Mr F. supplies from the US are well made.

I am not a great fan of what you have done to the rear lights, but I take my hat off to you for being different and the way you have done it. That said, a bet there is a few who don't like the fact that I have different rear lights in. But its down to our own tastes, as its our car.

Good luck with the project.
Cheers
Ian

Ok, comments :

rear lights - hats off to anyone who tries something different - if I'd had the balls to 'custom one' I'd have gone for lights more square/rectangular - I don't think round lights fit with the rear shape of the car and the hatch - but Zs are personal and so is yours :)

I'm not a fan of deep front spoilers.....unless the car is lowered. If it isn't then it looks front heavy to me ! I still think a BRE type spoiler is sufficient !

Colour ? It IS a sports-car and form the '70s so......it's got to flash !

What wheels are you gonna put on - VERY important !

Meaty engine etc , I won't be so predictable :) !

To me the rear looks like a aerodynamics mod or something from back in the day, so I think the front should reflect the same. The rear doesn't have any lips or creases or strange contours so a flat front spoiler would to me match up.

No, choose the spoiler you want, then smooth it in (and stay bumperless) - you'll need to fit some discreet indicators though.

Back