Weird old finds in the car

Dale

Club Member
What are some weird and old items that you have found while cleaning, stripping out or repairing your car? Maybe something you lost years ago and have found later, or something from a previous owner or something just completely unexplainable? Particular things that have no link to the car itself.

I lifted my old tank out of storage and noticed some rattling from inside that I hadn’t before. Had a look inside with a torch and found a fork, and kids plastic ‘bubble solution’ bottle, but instead of being empty or filled with soapy liquid it was filled with sand!

A child must have pushed these in at some point but the tank was put into storage before I got my kids and this tank was on my car when I bought it so no ideas when or where this happened! There is a tiny bit of paper label left from the bottle, I wonder if it was tiny bits of dissolving label that was getting through the fuel lines and causing the car to lose power under acceleration rather than bits of corrosion that I thought and why I replaced the tank?! :conf2:

I’ve just dated the fork from its markings and it’s from the 60’s.

Attachments

• B8F5A601-F831-4139-B1A7-0CEB18A6CA30.jpeg
    B8F5A601-F831-4139-B1A7-0CEB18A6CA30.jpeg
    238 KB · Views: 44
Nothing really weird, the usual coins. Found a watch in the seat pocket of a Toyota Previa - nothing flash but quite nice, still got it somewhere.

f37b08a80d1c316d56e1476de1ccff59.jpg

In no way do I condone the following message or agree with any of their lifestyle choices, uses of language and/or references but it was the very first thing that popped into my head :D . (Moderators, I'm hugely sorry). Warning for readers - this video contains explicit language and references).

Back