Water leak problem

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User
Hello - I have just joined the Z Club after finally getting my hands on my dream car - a Datsun 260Z. The car has got a water leak into the front passenger footwell. It seems to be coming in somewhere near the sill as the carpet there is wettest. Would a new door seal solve this? I notice also that the seal on the door near the top hinge (is it called a banana seal or something?) is missing. Would this result in water getting in? The car is a 1978 two-seater. It has been fully inspected underneath - there are no holes, and it has been totally undersealed. Any advice anyone?

I also live in Bramhall near the park !!! Send me a pm with some contact details and I will pop round to have a look.

Feel the love already, after just one post.

Nice work Dave. :)

Welcome RIDDLER, be sure to join in with the locals and enjoy the club as a whole

I would make sure you have good and correctly fitting seals first.

After that check the condition of the metalwork (bulkhead, sills, floor) in that area and the seam sealer between panels.

Next the windscreen rubber I suppose - but I don't think these are too bad for leaks on a Z?

Anyway what are you doing using a Z in the wet? :smash:

Thanks!

I'm amazed - I only put up that post at midnight, and I've had four responses already before 9am! I will get in touch with Dave, and thanks to the rest of you who responded. Appreciated. I do intend to go along to the 3rd Wed meeting at the Nag's Head (probably in December).

Back