Wanted Local Group Organisers

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
We are in the process of tidying up the Local Group Organiser roles.
At present we have two vacancies

"Area West of London" and "Stirlingshire, Strathclyde, Argyle & Ayrshire"
If you would like to apply please drop me a line
suzy.huntley@bristol.ac.uk

Local group organiser job description
Required
Arrange a minimum of 4 meetings within your area per year.
Contact local members with details of meetings (membership sectary can provide you with an updated list of members)
Advertise meetings on forum and in magazine. It is essential that you provide 4 reports per year (with pictures), one for each magazine, even if you have not had a meeting please provide a letter for the local groups page advertise forthcoming meeting and your contact details for new members and generally letting members in your area know that something is happening for them. The magazine Editor Steve Kiddell will always be on hand to help you with this (Tel eves 01572 722101: e-mail editor@zclub.net)
Support National events and not arrange meetings to clash with them.

Options

Provide a newsletter to local members, this can be done either by e-mail or mail shot (you should try and make mail shots self funding, asking local members that are not on e-mail to provide SAE or by charging a small fee to cover your p&p)
Liaise with other local groups bordering yours and possibility organise the occasional joint meeting.
Liaise with the 300ZX.com and 350Z forums advertising meetings, promoting the “Z Club” (membership packs for new members will be provided)

The committee are here to help you, if you encounter any problems or difficult with your group please contact one of us. The locals groups are an important part of the Z Club and we would like to see them as active as possible but we realise that this can be a despondent job when only a few people turn up to a meeting you have put a lot of time and effort into. Advice from previous organisers is to put on a meeting you will enjoy. If at any stage you wish to give up the position please do not hesitate to contact Suzy (Tel eves 0117 3309083: e-mail suzy.huntley@bristol.ac.uk)

Long established local group organisers that would be more than will to offer help and advice
Michelle and Nick Masters-Bond – South Central Group
(Home 01202 890083 : e-mail Zed@datsun.fsnet.co.uk)

Mike Feeney – South East Group
(01277 374201:e-mail mike@mjpauto.go-plus.net)

Last edited by a moderator:
Note that from January 2006, the S.E.Z. Group will re-amalgamate with the Kent Group to become the S.E.K.Z. :devil: Group under the dual control of Steve Lack and myself. The current S.E.Z. Newsletter will be available to all subscribed members from the two areas - contact Mike on 01277 374201 and I'll send you a sample copy and a join-up form. We will be holding meetings in both areas over the course of the year and supporting the HSCC boys at Brands Hatch (date to be announced). Any members with other ideas or locations for meetings in either area they would like to be considered, please contact either Steve :santa: or me :santab:!

Yes i am thee rock god.Will be rocking tommorrow night while you lot are watching coronation street

Yes - Area West of London - sorry
Steve can I send you all my posts to proof read before posting:rolleyes:

I was thinking Funky might be interested in AWOL????

Suzy

''Funky''

You talking to me ??

Not AWOL - more OWBB - as in Off with Bad Back !!

I do hope to hope to get something set up for the Local Area with some meets in the New Year - whether I'd want to be classed as a full time Local Group Organiser may be a different matter - but I'm prepared to give it a go

Sorry Mr Funkjunky, Sir
So bad back after strutting your stuff at a Xmas Bash??

It would be great if you would be prepared to try and organise a few events in the AWOL area and see how it goes, all I ask is if you could send skidy (Editor) dates of meetings and some pictures and a write up!! Not much to ask really. I'll hopefully make it to some of your meets so see you soon

Suzy

First special meet planned already - my 2nd rented garage - just you and me
(ooh err) - and enough tools to get that damn engine and gearbox out and heading your way asap - surely you still want it for your 280 - very good condition - take it off my hands please - any reasonable offer accepted

Got Sean coming to pick up some 280 interior parts on Thursday next week so hope my back gets better as I've got to strip the car yet - maybe Sunday afternoon and Monday daytime will see it get done - then once you take the engine and gearbox off me it's just body panels to salvage for spares and stick whatever's left on e-bay in the New Year and I can stop renting the garage and save some pennies towards my much promised 300 ZX purchase

Back