Wangan Midnight

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Guys, here is a link to episode 8 which is in Japanese ....

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v1349648jGk64rTQ

The blue "Devil Z" does not feature much in this episode because it has been smashed up but it gives you an idea :)

If you register with VeohTV ALL 10 Wangan Midnight episodes are there (simply search for Wangan Midnight). 1 to 6 have been subtitled into English, 7 to 10 are in Japanese.

There is a also a live action Wangan Midnight movie which frankly is dull as dishwater - the Mangas are much better.

I love Manga so am a bit sad I know :D

Russ

Club Member
Nice links! I'll check them out if I ever have time :(

Talking of Magna, films etc...

I downloaded a high def version of Transformers the other day! I have it on dvd (twice) but in high def it's awesome. Honestly if you haven't given 1080p a good look yet you should, I refuse to buy another dvd until I have a 1080p tv and disc player (so around 2010).

And to go further off topic

Note, a bit ridiculous and FULL of gore...

This isn't manga, but it shares some of it's madness, trailer for Machine Girl, lol freaking insane

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1320139451

Tony 260Z

Club Member
All she needed was to stick a sawnoff on the stump and say "Groooovey" !

Five bonus point for naming THAT film :)

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Five bonus point for naming THAT film :)

Its only the best comic horror film series in the entire world (aside from Bubba Ho Tep)

Its the Evil dead II and Evil dead III Army of darkness with Bruce "They call it my boomstick" Campbell

Get in there:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

BTW it was a chain saw on the stump and a sawn off in a back pouch.....and remember.....Shop Smart Shop S-Mart! You Got That!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Nice one Steve...

Half your life working on your uber-240, and the other half in front of the telly, can't be bad :)

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Martin W said:
:S30: can we get all the links in one place so we can go through all of them????? martin

Don't be bloody lazy :D

VeohTV is a peer to peer network so it is not possible to simply link to them which is why the only links I could find were probably the worst ones of the lot.

If you register and download VeohTV to your PC, you will end up with a small application with a search facility..... whilst I do not condone downloading or copying because it infringes copyright and is therefore technically theft, all of the episodes are there to be watched or downloaded.

It is not possible to link to them, you need to install VeohTV and either look at them or download them yourself.

Dale

Club Member
ZHead, JackTR, I've just found this on ebay and thought it might interest you!

Wangan Midnight Volumes 7-12

It's from Malaysia and aparently has 'English subtitles'. I've just bought a copy, £8 delivered. Can't be bad! :D And not much to lose if there's something wrong with it! :cool:

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Superb! If it has got the subtitles can you give us a shout. I'm supposed to be doing the subtitles myself from the raws but the guy who's translated the transcripts over hasn't sent me the docs to time yet. He hasn't got back to me after a month nearly. Nevermind!

JakTheRuby

Club Member
If you want from 1-6 with subtitles then i've already got it. I was gonna do a box set myself and put them out (for the price of what it cost me to do, couple-o-quid tops). The live action ones are not supposed to be that great. I can get hold of them and whip you a copy out if you feel you must really have them but unlike the japanese gojira (godzilla) movies they are pretty pants allegedly. I can send you one of them to have a look if you like (pm me your address) as i can get hold of one pretty quick.

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Dalos !!!!! Have just ordered a set - $21 delivered ..... if they are no good there has been nothing really wasted - I suspect they are copies rather than original but hey ho - we shall see :)

Dale

Club Member
I received both dvds this morning, and they are originals and have English subtitles. Yipee!

Unfortunately for me, the first dvd has no audio. Boo! I said earlier that £8 wasn't much to lose but it's still annoying! :(

JakTheRuby

Club Member
What episodes are on the first DVD? I can bang you together a copy with the audio and subs on up to 6 (good subs too!) If (after you've watched the crap out of them) i could borrow them to do a copy, i would be super super grateful (or if you can copy the disks that would also be awesome). I don't mind re-imbursing you for any costs or your time.

Dale

Club Member
It's episodes 1-6 on the first DVD. That would be great if you could do me a copy, thanks.

I've already watched the second DVD with episodes 7-12, so I can either send you that or run a copy. I really don't mind either way, whichever you prefer.

Dale

Club Member
That would be great if you could do me a copy, thanks.
I've discovered that the disc will play ok on some machines but not others, so I've done myself a copy at work so I can watch it at home. Thanks for the offer though. PM me your address JTR and I'll get these out to you.

Dale

Club Member
I got an emil from the guy who sold me the first two DVD's telling me that he has the third in stock (episodes 13-18).

I've just ordered one to continue the collection! :thumbs:

Here's the link

JakTheRuby

Club Member
I bought one during the week. I should of posted but i've been a little tied down. Looks like we've both got it. I'll still do my own subbed versions though with custom cases. You'll love 'em!