Video on Fairlady Z meet up in Japan

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Dino says "...probably the biggest gathering of Z cars in Japan".

Not even close. Here's the still-filling parking area at the Advan All Fairlady Z Meeting at Fuji Speedway back in May this year:

20230505_100423.jpg20230505_100712.jpg20230505_100715.jpg

Makesy

Club Member
Dino says "...probably the biggest gathering of Z cars in Japan".

Not even close. Here's the still-filling parking area at the Advan All Fairlady Z Meeting at Fuji Speedway back in May

Gets those sweet clicks though, right?

Always nice to see these meets. Always special!

At the Motorist in Sherburn, West Yorkshire back in June where are a few of us attended, our little crew drew in a big crowd, and even the Porsche boys (who were actually listed as the main "club day") were taking a keen interest.

But maybe I'm biased....

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Gets those sweet clicks though, right?

To be fair to Dino he is usually very good. He has lived in Japan for a long time and he usually knows what he's talking about. I'd put this one down to unscripted 'live' commentary whilst filming.

The Z Fiesta yearly events are by their nature smaller and more formal than the other national events. They are pretty much pre-entry/invitation-only and attendance criteria are quite strict. Basically a Nissan-organised event on Nissan property, with security and rules to match. The Advan All Fairlady Z yearly meet on the other hand is open to allcomers and is much less formal, so naturally bigger.

Makesy

Club Member
There's probably also an element of the YouTube culture. We're all, to some extent, Z fanatics here.

To the average car enthusiast, are you looking for the "small z meet" vids or the "super mega JDM event" vids?

I'm just appreciative that our cars are getting a place in the limelight. But you're absolutely right that it's even better when things are fact checked and brought back to reality where possible

Robotsan

Club Member
Agreed! To be fair though, I wouldn't call it clickbait - it doesn't say anything about the size of the meet up in the title or on the thumbnail. I think he just says it near the start of the video for some reason.. so yeah probably just a slip of the tongue.