UK 250GTO for sale

Thanks for Dat ! datsfun......The laquer look's allright, but I've alway's felt it look's small,compressed like a kids toy on a 240. Maybe better done on a 260. DJZ 60.:cool:

Bladdy ell! LOG book say's it's a Nissan '' mustava newt'' ...It look's like a micra to me... Will be good for The Sweeny Movie when they make it!
George... I am glad you think it look's small (Gto) cause I'm beginning to think my eyes are going funny..being up all night & that.

Something for that little toddler to buy on Ebay 'Buy it now' (who was on the news a few weeks ago. DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Just noticed this:

5d_3.JPG

The air vents in the front nose haven't been cut out. An oversight perhaps?

Maybe it's to put his beer cans, fags, & polish/wax on when he's shining it! or to stop his radiator going cold!:D DJZ 60.

Mind you I'd better go easy as Moggie's 'look's simular in proportion...but will be miles better, due to mikes skill'zz ...I mean look at his yellow 240z
it's the attention to detail....& the above intake slip up is weird, well spotted George! :bow:

Here's accuracy.............
Moggies 'work in process' note: radiator intakes differing from above pic.

Attachments

• moggy.jpg
    moggy.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 32
  • gto front.gif
    gto front.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 38
to be fair to who ever has done this car ,it does not look too bad as it is only a kit car at the end of the day,shame there is no picture of the engine bay.
i am just doing mine to what i would be happy with but there are things that i would change if i was to do it again.it is quite difficult to do these cars as you do not get an instruction manual with the kit and some things......well you just have to guess and hope that it looks ok.

but thanks for the kind words guys

I think the front vent's are covered up by flap's not to different to our z
lap's (near the battery & servo area) only different in shape....:rolleyes:

If I had one...I'd put oo7 'trickery' sprouting out of the front, some of
my wifes cooking coming out of the wheel vent's & burn't cannabis fumes
coming out of my exhaust:D DJZ 60.

To be honest, its a very poor replica. The doors are very wrong, the bonnet as mentioned above, the boot is all wrong (is there a boot at all?)

I'd like to see more history of it, was it restored from scratch or just the panels clagged on and a respray?

The decals are awful too... But for five grand, if you're on a tight tight budget... :D

Could you not get it and make the adjustments to make it right? Or is it a case of starting with a fresh sheet? If this only goes for £5K i think it may be a bargain to someone.

As usual, it depends how good it is underneath... you'd need to buy a new boot or "trunk" kit/door skins/bonnet, then chop out the existing kit... I think it'll go for £5k, but without knowing its history, I'd not want to buy it!

Mr.G said:
Not even worth a look then?
Haha are you selling it?

Its miiiiiiles away from me if it was within 100 miles or so I'd have a look yeah. But for all the work you'd have to do and not knowing whats under the kit I don't think its worth it.

The more I look at it, its missing chrome in all the right places, the front end looks more like a GNose Z than a GTO... Anyway... I'm sure it'll please someone! :)

Hmm - trunk conversion slightly easier as the tailgate's already gone, then again the fuel filler needs glassing over.

Looks a bit odd because of the black headlight lining and the lack of most of the brightwork - headlamp surrounds, fog surrounds, bonnet pins, wing mirrors. *edit* Mark beat me to it! Also missing the side repeaters shown above.

Skins won't be much to do - few hundred painted - sorting the rght style door locks however is a bit of a pin apparently.

Needs considerably lowering.

Add a couple of grand for knock off + wires conversion - hmm, getting pricey for an 'unknown' quantity but you'd still be way under £10K

Last edited by a moderator:
Markp.com said:
Haha are you selling it?

Its miiiiiiles away from me if it was within 100 miles or so I'd have a look yeah. But for all the work you'd have to do and not knowing whats under the kit I don't think its worth it.

Mark i think moggy has a kit sat in his work shop find a good Z do it yourself and you will know whats under the kit its the only way.

But the car is up for only 5K its got to be worth a look.

Back