Trax 4th Sept Silverstone

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
We need help:)

The Z Club would love to have a stand at this years "Trax" Sunday 4th September at Silverstone but we are struggling to get someone to run the stand for us - can anyone help.
Apart from the show itself there is also the opptunity to race on the Silverstone circuit!
http://www.traxshows.co.uk

Some one is needed to organise the tickets for the event and run the club stand on the day. We will give you lots of help and support - honest!
Anyone up for this?

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
For all you guys who talk about track days this is a fantastic opportunity to get your Zed on the British GP full cct for £25 a time (15mins) !!

Never mind airfields at £100 a time, you wont forget this. Also there is a timed 0-60 sprint event at £7 a go.

Getting there is a nightmare because they stop every car on entry, unlike the GP where you park and enter through turnstiles on foot. I have been twice and queued for 2hrs each time!! For this reason in my opinion this show is only worth attending if you are interested in going on the track (novice, intermediate and expert sessions) or watching the track action. If you want to show your car off attend a different event, it's not worth the aggro!

I intend to have 3 track sessions, 2 for me and 1 for my son. I phoned the organisers today and track time is currently about 2/3 sold.

Anyone else going?

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
What sort of time have you got there in the past to have to queue for about 2 hours to get in?
What time do they open the gates?

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I think the 2 hour queuing bit has put me off forever!!
Great Show if you dont mind getting there around 5.00am.

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I phoned the organisers today and was told gates open at 9am, which is about the time I have tried to arrive before!

Mr.F

Inactive
Gates open 9:00am for the general public, but much earlier for pre-booked Clubs. Trouble is the gate attendants are not very efficient, some public arrive early, some prospective Club attendees don't have tickets and control of the Silverstone lane on the super new dual carriageway approach is not properly organised and people queue jump without penalty - unless the organisers have learnt something from last year's farce?

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I'll be at my annual Custom Car show over the August Bank Holiday so won't have any brownie points left for more days out.

I hope anyone who braves the queue's has a good time!

TL

Zed2k

Well-Known Forum User
I don't know if there has been enough interest to warrant doing this event its not like we are having everyone saying i'm going, i'll be there, i want to go!!!!! is it? It seems like quite a negative response to me.
Nick,Michelle and Abi

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
- unless the organisers have learnt something from last year's farce?
I very much doubt that. Remember it was just as bad in 2002 MrF.
Although you were also delayed in Essex as well, doing a little deerstalking or summat!!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
I went to Trax back in 2000 and there was an almighty queue even then!....Getting out took ages and I nearly ran out of fuel, it took so long!:eek:
Cheerz,
JEZ

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
I have received my 'Final Instructions' today.

My track sessions (me or my son driving) are 9.40, 12.40 and 3.40. From previous experience these tend to run to time.

Gates open to public from 9 and track participants/clubs from 7. Track participants park in the paddock area behind the BRDC stand I think.

I will be setting off earlier this year (6am latest) to minimise aggro.

Lets hope the weather is dry!

Wyn

Club Member
Wasn't so bad :)

Just a few cars I spotted ......

DSC6.jpg

DSC8.jpg

DSC5.jpg

DSC4.jpg

DSC7.jpg

DSC2.jpg

DSC1.jpg

DSC0.jpg

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Yes I enjoyed the day, plenty to see. The Dragster is MrF's old car, Ratz. I spoke to the owner (Mark) and he was considering having a go at the 0-60 runs but we weren't sure if it would be within the rules! The fastest I saw was an RS200 which ran 3.2. A also saw really quick Evo (reported to have run 2.99) 'lunch' it's g'box on the line. ouch!

The 240 in the pictures was Steve Francis' (4.6 V8), he had quite a few track sessions. We spent a lot of time together during the day. As planned I had two sessions, and my son Lee had one. Lee loved the GP cct and drove really well, he's very nearly the same speed as me now, bugger! Unfortunately many of the track sessions were spoilt by red flags, a 'drifter' spoilt one of mine when he went off after Woodcote.

As for queuing, well I left home (Hinckley) at 6 and was parked inside the cct at 7, so I've finally learn't my lesson!

Wyn

Club Member
Rob

I walked around a few times, but only spotted that Red v8 Zed right nr the end :unsure:
I did have a peer through those vents n spotted it was a v8 ;)
Shame the owner wasn’t about, would have liked a closer look :)
I did get some footage of your car tho, who ever drove it nr the end was going well.

Btw, I didn’t get there till 11ish, so there was no queue lol :D

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
This year we had to park between the two bridges that cross the GP and Club ccts and drive 'in' for each track session! A bit of a pain!

I think your pictures were taken at the end of the day when it thinned out a bit and Steve parked inside the cct.

Good idea to turn up later but my briefing was at 8.40, so I had no choice.