Traders Section

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
The Z Team is thinking of setting up a traders section within the forum for a trader to have his own section to promote, publise and answer on line any question that they might be asked.
We have approached a couple of traders and they are willing to take part but unless the viewing and posting traffic increases we will not be able to sell it to many traders.

for this to be a success we need a lot of the people to contribute to the welfare of the forum by becoming more of a active member of the forum and less of a silent member
the thing that seems to attract people to take part in a forum and return to the forum is active posting on all matters relating to the compete Z series.

The first generation Z section is very active and the Z31 section is begining to come alive But the 280ZX, Z32 and 350Z section is almost like a dodo.

so come on you lot if you are enjoying the site put something back into it and help it grow

Russ

Club Member
Absolutely, if people were more active then it would grow the forum (and club) and make it a more interesting place for all.

There are plenty of people signing up and viewing things, I'm surprised it's not busier here.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Quality over quantity

Hmm. It would appear that we are getting conflicting messages here from the Club team. One minute you come down on people that post complete dross. The next you are actively encouraging it to boost post rates. :confused:

I for one would rather see quality over quantity any day!

Mike B

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
At the moment traders can sell to anyone viewing the forum.Perhaps only subscribed Club members should be able to view the traders forum and all trading should be restricted to this area?...I'm sure the traders wouldn't want to sell to the great unsubscribed on the free-view forum! :p
Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
At the moment traders can sell to anyone viewing the forum.Perhaps only subscribed Club members should be able to view the traders forum and all trading should be restricted to this area?...I'm sure the traders wouldn't want to sell to the great unsubscribed on the free-view forum!

Jez: That's the plan,

Well if thats the plan IMHO it is fatally flawed.
Traders sell to the GENERAL PUBLIC. Why on earth would any right minded trader want to place such a silly and unreasonable restriction on their trade.

Russ

Club Member
Sure, but we need to have a reason why people would join the club. At the moment the website as you agree is a complete giveaway. Many join 300zx.co.uk just for the group buys and trader sections.

The traders section charges are also starting rock bottom (beer money) and the plan is to grow the club/site so the trader section appears to me as good value.

If I remember correctly non members will still be able to view the traders section, just not post to it or contact the traders.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
"Well if thats the plan IMHO it is fatally flawed.
Traders sell to the GENERAL PUBLIC. Why on earth would any right minded trader want to place such a silly and unreasonable restriction on their
trade."

Hi,
Well, "Traders" are getting free unlimited access to the general public for no return!
If you go to the GTO forum, any sort of trading by non members is forbidden...and then it has to take place in the designated area!...Similar to the 300ZX forum...So what's the difference?
Cheerz,
JEZ

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
You guys are getting confused!
Traders pay to advertize on 300ZX co uk and thats wot the Z club is proposing. Thats OK
Traders forums on 300ZX co uk are open to non paying registered users(and Guests too I think). Your proposal JEZ300 for here is not to have this facility . Thats the bit that wont work. IMHO
On 300ZX co uk its group buys that are restricted to paid up members. Thats different to general trading.
Of course Im in agreement for members to pay to view the whole site and also for traders to pay a small fee for their own Traders Section.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
They've changed it on the 300ZX forum since I used to go there regularly, as I think the trading section was restricted...In fact you can view alot of the site now, without being logged in at all!
I still think that as Russ says, make the Traders section "view only" unless you're a paid up member.
Cheerz,
JEZ

Russ

Club Member
Ahhh ok.

There are all sorts of restrictions that have been discussed and I'm not entirely sure what has and hasn't been decided.

Maybe the traders forum should be open, but then again this isn't www.findit.co.uk.

Have to see what happens, theres nothing to stop us opening something up again if we find it doesn't work.

john-boy

Well-Known Forum User
The traders section definitely needs to be open.

As Peter rightly points out, the incentive to join is seeing the special deals that the traders are promoting for "members only", offering discount or services that can only be secured upon the provision of proof of (current) membership.

Of course, I agree wholeheartedly that their should be a members only section of the website, after all, the idea is to allow the viewer to see the free section, and woo'd by the FRIENDLY, FUN, INTERESTING and INFORMATIVE banter they see from senior paid up members, decide to part with a few extra quid to become part of the "elite" ;). This would also have the added benefit of allowing the user to take part in the traders' offers too.

Obviously, this provision would not apply to fully paid up members of the Z Club, since they've already paid their dues towards the site.

All these additional incentives make joining an even better prospect IMO, and with the quality of the magazine being what it is these days, it's really a great value prospect.

CheerZ,
JB.

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
It's just that at the moment anyone can come on the forum and buy all the parts they need, new or 2nd hand, to build their "dream" Z without any commitment to the Club or Forum at all! The same applies to people selling parts "privately", not just commercial traders.
It will be a tricky balance to get right and I see that you can now view the 300ZX forum without being looged in, so they must have been suffering reduced traffic to their site too!
Cheerz,
JEZ

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
It will be a tricky balance to get right
It certainly will. One of the big challenges to face the club.

BTW there is quite a bit more that you cant see on 300ZX co uk. Advanced tech stuff, Santa pod times etc, and of course you cant post or PM or contact anyone without being a subscribed member.

Russ

Club Member
I've just had a nose through the group buy section again and I'm looking forward to having some of that action over here!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
I've just had a nose through the group buy section again and I'm looking forward to having some of that action over here!

Ha! you'll be lucky Nipper!
Most people on here dont want to part with a tenner for a s/h starter motor!!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Whereas the 300ZX forum for example, is a one model forum...we are a multi-model forum, so where are all these group buys going to come from and which models will they be pertinent to? A 350z owner isn't gonna want to take part in a group buy for a 240z surge tank for instance!:p
Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.G

Club Member
True, so could we not have different areas for group buys eg 240Z group buys 280ZX group buys etc... The group buys has the added advantage of attracting more paid up members to join the club. By making it a requirment that only paid up members can participate in the group buys. If there are constantly good deals on here then lots of people from other Z sites may be attracted to come and see what we are up to and join the club in the process.
JEZ - put me down for that 240z surge tank :)
Cheers,

Russ

Club Member
It's going to come down to which traders we can secure, and most of them I imagine will be aiming at the 300zx market and now 350z as they are the most popular models.

Have to see!