Time for a new master cyl.

boomer

Well-Known Forum User
:cool: I had my brake pads changed yesterday... should have done it myself!!!:mad:
As usual I am unhappy AFTER a bloody mechanic did it thing on my thing.

Now my brake pedal need to be pushed almost to the metal to slow down, push on it 2 or 3 times and it become more resistent ??

It was fine before the change ???

So, is it air in the line (and just a bleeding would take it away) or is it the master cyl. wrong ! If it's the master cyl. what is best a kit or a new one?
Is there a better one than the OEM ???

Side question: I know that Wilwood make some decent :)D ) calipers, are they "bolt on" the ZX or is there some work to do...

Boomer, going very fast 'cause he has no brakessssssssssssssssPAF!

so you think its the mechanics fault---- did he not tell you that because he only put pads on they would have to be bedded in to the old disc and this could take some time depending on how badly worn your discs are ---- easy way to check clamp off the flexi hoses and check the difference . air should not enter the system by only fitting pads , do this test first before you jump the gun and buy somethig you dont need :280Z:

I can see your point... but it's the mechanic that told me about the mast cyl ??? This lazy bumb does know that he cant get the part himself so he is not after some pocket money! I also forgot one thing about those brakes... I have NO parking brakes... nada. The thing is at the as far as it can go and still nada ???? But it was like that before the change !

Is there a way to get them to bite the rotor?
:280Z: Boomer

Why you have need for brake, make like Italian. Remove the brakes and the retroviseurs. I put the question has a buddy who is a professor in a college of
mechanics. It has also Z like you, and he says that the trimmings need a little time to be done there.

tomZawyer.

and for the limo ?

Back