Thruxton track day Friday 11 September

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
Next track day....... anyone going to be there?

Will definitely be taking the MX5, may take the GTR as well. Need to get a few things sorted on the GTR first - new map firmware is out and a new map to try and map out some of the black soot on 3/4 gear. With the map I am thinking that I may as well do full intakes and intercooler hardpipe kit. Also may need some new tyres after ASDA, rears seem to go off rather quickly and the front left is a little bald on the outside.

Thruxton is a great little track and very very fast, just they are very strict on noise.... 90db at 3/4 of max RPM static.

The Friday days are usually quite empty or it brings out the ones that cant live without trackdays :driving:

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
That is a low noise level. Not sure many zeds would get past that.

I clocked 104db at Japfeat so 90db would be a whisper compared to my z ;) (especially as every 3dbs is a doubling of the noise).

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
I clocked 104db at Japfeat so 90db would be a whisper compared to my z ;) (especially as every 3dbs is a doubling of the noise).

Damn........... noisy thing :thumbs:

Suppose its the joy of cars made PRE-catalytic converters :bow: straight through exhausts, got love them

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
My old 240Z (2 silencers in the system) used to just get under 98 which is the usual figure where I went. The pulses at the rear suggested straight through.

I think my blue car (DJR system) is a bit louder.

Cats, yep my 370Z is much quieter but it doesn't sound anywhere near as nice.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
My old 240Z (2 silencers in the system) used to just get under 98 which is the usual figure where I went. The pulses at the rear suggested straight through.

I think my blue car (DJR system) is a bit louder.

Cats, yep my 370Z is much quieter but it doesn't sound anywhere near as nice.

Louder than I expected, obviously I have been away from my 240z for too long!

What are the old Zs like on track? Obviously the no-power steering and abs is something to get used to....

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Louder than I expected, obviously I have been away from my 240z for too long!

What are the old Zs like on track? Obviously the no-power steering and abs is something to get used to....

My old Z got round Castle Combe in 1.24 so they can be great track cars when
modded and sorted. :thumbs: No ps or abs just adds to the fun.

grahamjc

Well-Known Forum User
My old Z got round Castle Combe in 1.24 so they can be great track cars when
modded and sorted. :thumbs: No ps or abs just adds to the fun.

When you taking it out next? Would love to be a passenger :driving:

Thats a rather good time....... Im guessing driver has something to do with it ;)