The Grit lorry!

Al Douglas

Club Member
Aaarrgghhhh, that's it! The dreaded grit lorry has just come past the house and as we are at the end of a cul-de-sac, he's dropped a ton of salt at the end of the drive!
Looks like the Sam is a prisoner for a while.
:(

i know the feeling he's just come up my grove the other day just in time for all this rain to wash it away for it to freeze over

I tend to go out in most weathers as you may know but the sight of the grit lorry is the one thing that fills me with total dismay.
What amazes me is that you can be driving along, even in a modern car, and these things flash past going the other way and absolutely blast your car with grit. It's like someone firing a ruddy shotgun at it.

I've had my 370Z chipped by grit (Red paint is soft apparently).

Anyway I'm not so precious about my X-Trail now but gritting is far to violent.

Al shovel the excess salt and grit away and use it on your pathways?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright Rob, rained all day so it's all gone, no frost,ice or snow!! £££££££££

The problem is Al that many drivers do not understand how to adjust driving to the prevailing conditions. I have witnessed so many people driving at normal speed on snow or ice and expecting the car to behave as if it's on dry tarmac. My daughter-in-law told my son that the brakes on her car had failed at a junction when in fact she was skidding on ice!!!

Hence the council cover roads with grit/salt to perpetuate the situation.

Be a couple of years I think till it affects when i drive the Z. But for me, the grit lorry signals it's time to put the bike into hibernation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back