Thanks from Zbirdy

Zbirdy

Well-Known Forum User
This is a kind of thank you to all those members that I have chatted to, and exchanged ideas, and to those that have given me advice on my car etc, over the past couple of years. CHEERS :)

I say this because, allthough I will still be about for a bit longer on this website, i will not be renewing my membership to the current Z Club, for reasons that I will not go into on the forum, suffice to say, free, sensible speech is a myth. Once my membership has expired, I wont be able to post, as I think non members are to be locked. Yipeee.
Even though over the past couple of years, I have given up some time, and money for the good of the club, i think I have received more than I have given, and for that I am grateful. I have gained considerable knowledge, enough to get me and my new toy by for some time. Sadly I dont think it would be a great idea, if I attend the Z Club XMAS Dinner and Dance, that I personally arranged on behalf of you all, because I dont really want to spend my Christmas disagreeing with anyone on anything, thank you very much. So Ive cancelled my interest on that score. I still intend to attend some Z club functions, (you dont win that easily), and will continue to post until membership expires, and who knows, When I feel the club is right for me, I may re-join. This is my personal decision, and I wish everyone good clubbing and good health for the future.
Don.

It's a shame that you feel things have got to the stage where you have made the decision that you have. You have to be respected for not airing the dirty laundry on this forum. Is this the time for a breakaway Zclub to be formed as before when the classic Z register was formed from a breakaway group of the club that couldnt see eye to eye. wishing you the best ben

Z Clubbers, thank you for the kind messages of support recieved so far, keep them coming, im writing a book, "Well someone has to do it Sean" (I so pretty, im so pretty), I would really appreciate the following though;
If you wish to chat, please pm me, rather than ring, Mrs Wyatt is begining to boil over, and thats not good, trust me.
Don.

don
although ive spoke to you on the phone

its sad news to hear mate , your a great bloke , i hope you do stay in the club despite things , youve got my number
and a real shame about the xmas party , if you aint there , i was looking forward to having a beer with ya

optimistically
steve

Hey Don,

Take a breather for a few days, weeks... But don't forget that the club is more than just the website and committee. Just by supporting it, you're helping to maintain a more public profile for Zs, and also helping to support a network of enthusiasts thoughout the country.

Plus I still want a play in any shape of TVR you might buy ;)

Cheers,
Rob

Good advice from Rob.

Take a breather if need be but dont go. You are just as passionate about these cars as any of us are and you shouldnt leave the club.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFS Z birdy dont give up now!:eek:
With a LITTLE more training you could become a fully fledged Troublemaker , like me.:D
The club needs independent minded people to continually challenge the Establishment. Having posts shut down etc is just the sort of tactic the Establishment employs to silence opinions it disagees with.:p

Its difficult not to respond to these posts i guess.

Pmac, ive not considered that angle, so thanks for reminding me. Perhaps we should form a kind of Maverick Z club. Oh dear, deletion risk ALERT ALERT.

You see folks, the thing is, im not really at home deliberatly rocking the boat, I like to express my opinion in a small way, and if someone listens, well all the better, I like to add a bit of generosity too, Im not blowing my trumpet, but I am the sort of rare looney, that is happy to give, and not recieve. Help out by opening my big mouth, with "Yes" I can do that, until My wife reminds me we have a business to run, and a family to feed first.
All this said, I am not wanting everyone to say Ahhh. and start to weep for me, but I thought that I was at least creditted with a little more intelligence than some of the moderating committee apparently had for me. I have said all along that you will upset more than just me, if you persist in deleting topics of general conversation, critical of others or not, simply because you dont agree with what is being talked about, or because you are worried about litigation, which frankly is plain silly. And I was right, I have had conversations in the last 24hrs with other members who feel exactly the way I do. I also wrongly thought that allthough I do not hold a committee post, I was fairly actively involved for a new boy, and that I might be shown a little respect by the mods, and admins etc, but how wrong I was. So here is the end result. If this post is removed like so many others that are similar, it will go to prove that I am right, and whoever removes it has not grasped much at all. My decision not to renew my membership is based on the facts outlined above, and the point that really dont want to spend any more evenings in front of my pc, with rising blood pressure, when I can look at Fishing on Sky.
Don.

Pmac, ive not considered that angle, so thanks for reminding me. Perhaps we should form a kind of Maverick Z club.
No No, there are too many Z clubs already.!!:eek:
You see folks, the thing is, im not really at home deliberatly rocking the boat,
OIGH! Thats my job!
You could always apply to be trained up for the job? :confused:Lessons are free.:D
The only fault you have Z Birdy is that you treat this FORUM as if it has some real meaning in life. Thats your big mistake.
FFS its a car club forum. It has no bearing whatsoever on real life as we know it.:p
It is merely a place where a few people get together from time to time in cyberspace.
If you dont want to be involved in slanging matches then DONT ever say anything controversial or critical.
If you dont want to be a committee member/moderator then dont volounteer.
Find a "persona" that your comfortable with and stick within the confines of that "persona".
But above all remember the key phrase to chant "Its only a car club...its not real life.....its only........etc."
Right then? Have a nice cup of Rosy Lee.........

There... There there... youll soon feel better.

Right then .. Im off to 300ZX co UK...See if I can insult Chunk or SteveJ or ...Well anyone...
AHHH Pete Shrimp. Owner of a HDC... He will do for starters.

Agree with you 100% Don. Hence my reluctance to post lately,,, sick off the politics am I ! (thus speaks yoda) :D Keep hangin in there though bud,,,miss your friendly banter and honest views, even if they differ from my own !

[Quote
If you dont want to be involved in slanging matches then DONT ever say anything controversial or critical.
If you dont want to be a committee member/moderator then dont volounteer.

I dont mind the slanging matches pmac, thats the point, its the trigger happy mods who have a problem with, even the mildest form of banter, its like a new found power toy, theyve found how to use it.

And NO I dont want to be a committee member.
Don

Well I think it'd be a shame from both sides if you go, and I don't REALLY see why, but if you feel the need then do so. Is it worth giving up what you like about the club for the sake of a few moderated posts?

Anyway I'm sure if you hang around long enough we'll have it sorted, at the moment I'm considering taking over the Z Club website dictator style, everyones a normal member bar me and I'll decide what goes down lol, it'll save me the hassle of having to spend ages discussing it :)

I think the idea of taking a break for a week is a good one, come back fresh and maybe it won't seem so bad?

Anyway hope you stick around mate :)

Don
You need to use the smilies more
laugh.gif

You only live once
pray.gif

Don,

If you can find a way to stay, find it. We (and this country) need all the agitators we can get!

Tony

Russ, your suggestion/idea, that one person becomes responsible for "policing the airwaves"( if thats what your saying) Sounds more realistic than all and sundry doing exactly what they think is acceptable. Because everyone will know where the limit lies, and become used to that limitation, knowing that if they overstep the mark, and a decision has been made, it has been made, and is final, and there is no adjudication to even consider.

Just about to pick up a few more toys, that i chucked.
Don.:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

We're trying to work on a new system now that'll make life easier for both sides, just so you know.

New tactics, Zbirdy?

Does it take an alligator to jolt this sob-fest of self pity and attention seeking back into some semblance of reality?.....

Zbirdy said:
.....for reasons that I will not go into on the forum, suffice to say, free, sensible speech is a myth.
I'm with you on the 'sensible' bit as far as your threads are concerned :p, but I thought you weren't going to go into it?

Zbirdy said:
Once my membership has expired, I wont be able to post, as I think non members are to be locked. Yipeee.
I'll be gone soon too then, so maybe you will be able to post more nonsense on here with less chance of people pulling you up on it? But wait, I sense the usual Zbirdy change of mind coming on........

Zbirdy said:
...So I'm going......well maybe not just yet......but I will soon if I don't get what I want.......and I just need to stick around long enough to read my own forum-persona obituaries and get as much sympathy as possible.....while I'm still here I'd like to thank the hundreds of supporters who sent me telegrams, flowers, baskets of fruit and those funny 'Get Well Soon' cards with the electronic violin music by Vanessa Mae inside.........and I was so emotionally inspired that even if I do quit I might come back........so it's goodbye from me.....

Er, I'm back already........
^satire^

Zbirdy said:
....Sounds more realistic than all and sundry doing exactly what they think is acceptable.
"All and sundry"? Surely only forum administrators have the authority / ability to lock the threads that you are complaining about? If I was the forum volunteer who took on the dirty job of taking responsibility for you, I'd be pretty offended right now.

Maybe try your hand at a little bit of local politics? Seems to me that you have just the right type of personality for it.

May I be the first to say - Welcome back! :eek: :p :D

Didn't the "moderators" in the second world war have to pay for thier "moderating" of those that indulged in free speech and other religions. And has the web address of the classic Z register been "moderated" from the links page on this site. I do believe that it is a club devoted to the Z series along with the other clubs listed that include personal web pages as opposed to full sites. I'm going back under my rock now.
Zbirdy you do what you think you have to do. Even though you are not a paid up member you are still a member of the website club and can at the moment still join in with the forums as far as I am aware. cheers ben

Back