temp gauge

The dial / gauge have to come out from the back, down on your back with a flash light, if the gauge is shot, i have a spare 260Z/280Z one.

Chris

The dial / gauge have to come out from the back, down on your back with a flash light, if the gauge is shot, i have a spare 260Z/280Z one.

Chris
cheers Chris:thumbs:, i an 6ft 4" and 20 stone, think i should get someone else to do that bit eh!:eek::D

I'm the exact same size and i can fit in there, the problem comes when i have to get back out:)
You can find a US FSM here

Chris

Have you shorted the sender wire (to the head) to see if the gauge then moves?

Eddie, you replied to that at 4.50 AM - could you not sleep for worrying about it....:D

Mines the same though, so at least I've got some ideas to look at if it ever stops raining for long enough to back it out of the garage....!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The dial / gauge have to come out from the back, down on your back with a flash light

Not from my experience...Remove front air vents above centre console (are on a 260z). Each gauge here has a strap holding the gauge in place, remove screw holding metal strap. Pull gauge out front ways. Once air vents out of the way, can un-plug wiring. All from the comfort of the drivers seat.

As Ian says, much easier on the 260Z than the 240Z arrangement.
I believe that the water temp/oil pressure gauge has a built-in voltage regulator, but if the oil pressure part is working, then this is unlikely to be at fault.

I believe that the water temp/oil pressure gauge has a built-in voltage regulator, but if the oil pressure part is working, then this is unlikely to be at fault.

Sounds like mine then, what do you think the issue could be then...??

mine has an after market oil pressure gauge fitted so the original one dont work anyway!:(

Back